*This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
Looking for an easy dinner recipe that’s healthy and easy on the budget? Then you’ll love this coconut turmeric chickpeas with rice recipe! Made with simple ingredients you might already have in your cupboard. It’s the perfect healthy meal when you’re short on time as the entire meal comes together in under 20 minutes!
This recipe is a great meatless option but will still feel very filling. Did you know that chickpeas are a high source of protein? It’s true. They also help support weight loss, regulate blood sugar levels, aid in digestion, and lower cholesterol. Chickpeas are high in fiber, folate, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, and protein, so they’re an excellent food to add to your regular diet.
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-inch ginger, finely diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
- 2 (18 oz) cans of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (18 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (18 oz) can coconut milk
- 2 cups brown rice
- Cook your rice the same way you normally do. Set aside.
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, add coconut oil, onion, garlic, and ginger. Cook until onion becomes translucent, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the turmeric, cumin, paprika and salt and pepper. Stir together. Add in the chickpeas, diced tomatoes, and coconut milk. Bring to a boil, then reduce and let simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cooked brown rice to plates. Top with chickpeas. Serve and enjoy.
See more family-friendly recipes on our website: www.andianne.com
Did you enjoy this post? Share the ❤️ and Pin it to Pinterest!