This easy dish is perfect to serve as a holiday side or appetizer.
Marinated ham asparagus salad is an easy side dish made with fresh asparagus, chopped ham, and a sweet and tangy marinade.
Serve as a side dish to use up any leftover ham at any holiday, or even at a picnic! This salad is best served cold.
An Easy Side Dish
If you’re looking for an easy way to use up leftover ham, try a homecooked soup or make this salad!
- You only need a few ingredients.
- It takes less than 10 minutes to prepare.
- It can be made ahead of time, making it perfect for picnics and potlucks.
- It tastes best when served cold.
- Using asparagus in a salad is a nice change to just eating it steamed.
ASPARAGUS: Choose 2 lbs of asparagus from the store. This equals about 30 skinny asparagus. Remove the woodsy ends by either snapping or cutting them off.
HAM: This recipe is great to use up leftover ham, even if it’s glazed ham. You only need 2 cups worth, which is about 2-3 thick slices of cooked ham.
MARINADE: It’s fresh and simple made from olive oil, vinegar, dijon mustard, honey, salt and pepper. The salad will be soaked in this marinade for 1-2 hours.
How To Make Marinated Ham Asparagus Salad
This is a very easy side dish to put together.
- First, cook the asparagus in a pot with shallow water until crisp-tender.
- Whisk together the marinade ingredients according to the recipe instructions below.
- Add asparagus and ham to a bowl, cover with marinade. Let chill about 1-2 hours.
- Assemble the salad by draining the marinade and adding chopped green onion.
- Don’t overcook the asparagus. You want it to be crisp-tender. If it’s crisp but can be poked with a fork, that’s perfect!
- Use leftover cooked ham for this easy salad. It can be quickly chopped up and dumped in.
- Eat as a light lunch: This also makes for a simple and easy lunch idea, if you’re not too hungry.
More Side Dish Recipes
- Marinated Vegetable Salad is an uncomplicated healthy salad to add to any dinner.
- Crab Stuffed Zucchini is low carb and can be served at lunch or as a side at dinner.
- Avocado Quinoa Coleslaw is a healthy option for picnics and potlucks.
- Garlic Green Beans with Bacon is full of flavor, all thanks to the bacon!
Did you love this marinated salad recipe? Be sure to leave a rating below!
Marinated Ham Asparagus Salad
- Add asparagus to a pot with a small amount of water. Bring to a boil then reduce and let simmer 2-4 minutes, until asparagus is crisp tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together the marinade using olive oil, vinegar, dijon mustard, honey, salt and pepper.
- Add cooked asparagus to a bowl along with ham. Pour marinade overtop. Cover and place in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- Once chilled, add green onions and toss together to evenly coat with marinade.
- To Serve: Place the asparagus stalks in a row on a serving dish. Add ham and green onion on top. Spoon the marinade overtop of everything. Serve and enjoy!
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge up to 3 days.
- Don’t overcook the asparagus. You want it to be crisp-tender. If it is crisp when poked with a fork, that’s perfect!
- Use leftover cooked ham for this easy salad. It’s can be quickly chopped up and dumped in.
- Eat as a light lunch. This also makes for a simple and easy lunch idea, if you’re not too hungry.
The nutritional information provided is an estimate and is per serving.