*This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
This pink beet hummus recipe is extremely easy to make, just add all ingredients to a food processor and mix it up!
For this recipe, I’m making it super easy for you as I know you’re a busy mom. No need to roast beets or soak dried chickpeas in advance. Those things are certainly nice but we don’t always have the time when you’ve got little munchkins running around.
BUT I highly recommend you get the kids to help make this recipe with you. It’s easy for them to add the ingredients to the food processor and then watch as it all mixes together. Plus they’ll love the bright pink color it makes!
Pink beet hummus can be used for a variety of things. You can use it to dip veggies or nachos, you can spread it on your toast or wraps, and a big dollop to your salads! It’s pretty, it’s versatile and a nice way to change things up from regular hummus once in a while.
WHY YOU SHOULD EAT MORE BEETS
If you don’t eat beets very often, let me convert you. Beets are incredible for your body. They are very nourishing and do a lot of wonderful things. Beets can help reduce inflammation, improve blood pressure and mental function. They’re a good source of folate, fiber, manganese, potassium and vitamin C.
Kids tend to love them because they have a sweet flavor. You can pop beets into smoothies, soups and dips like this hummus!
Alright, enough chit chat, let’s get on to the recipe, shall we!?
- 1 can beets, drained
- 1 can chickpeas, save the chickpea juice
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 Tbsp tahini
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp chickpea juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp hemp seeds
- VEGGIES: Carrots, parsnips, snap peas, radishes
- Drain can of chickpeas, and save chickpea juice in a bowl. Set aside. Rinse chickpeas in a strainer.
- In a food processor, combine beets, chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, sea salt and chickpea juice. Blend until smooth.
- Pour hummus into bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle hemp seeds on top. Hummus will store in an airtight glass container in the fridge for up to a week.
- Wash and chop up your favorite veggies. Serve with beet hummus and enjoy!
See more family-friendly recipes on our website: www.andianne.com
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 244Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 558mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 7gSugar: 15gProtein: 8g
Please note: This nutrition information is only an estimate and was created using Nutritionix