Spaghetti, Meatballs, And Broccoli Pesto
*This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
There are certain meals that leave you feeling full, satisfied, but not bloated. For me, this is one of those recipes. The broccoli pesto is what makes this dish so flavorful. It’s a wonderful change from the regular spaghetti sauce routine.
HOW TO MAKE THE SPAGHETTI AND TURKEY MEATBALLS WITH BROCCOLI PESTO
This meal is created in a few simple steps:
- Step one: Make the turkey meatballs
- Step two: Bake turkey meatballs and broccoli at the same time
- Step three: Make the broccoli pesto in the food processor
- Step four: Cook your noodles
- Step five: Combine everything together
To make life easier, I cooked the broccoli and meatballs at the same time. The broccoli is roasted alongside the meatballs prior to making the broccoli pesto. The roasted broccoli will give the pesto an added depth of flavor.
MAKE THE BROCCOLI PESTO IN A FOOD PROCESSOR:
This broccoli pesto recipe is made using my favorite kitchen appliance – my KitchenAid food processor. Guys, I LOVE my food processor and use it all the time in my recipes. This is the workhorse in my kitchen – it does so many incredible things! If you don’t have a food processor yet, I highly recommend the KitchenAid 14-cup food processor – you can buy one here – they also come in a gorgeous red!
Turkey Meatballs Ingredients:
- 2 lbs ground turkey (ground beef or ground chicken can also be used)
- 1 cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
Broccoli Pesto Sauce Ingredients:
- 3 cups broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, loosely packed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- sea salt and ground pepper to taste
- 2 lbs spaghetti noodles (I used brown rice noodles)
Turkey Meatballs Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine ground turkey, breadcrumbs, eggs, parmesan cheese, garlic, sea salt, and pepper. Mix everything together.
- Using your hands, roll into balls and place them in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Cook in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until meatballs are fully cooked through. I recommend roasting the broccoli at the same time - see the instructions below.
Broccoli Pesto Instructions:
- Place broccoli on a baking sheet and roast for 25-30 minutes.
- Add roasted broccoli, basil, garlic, parmesan cheese, olive oil, sea salt, and pepper to a food processor and mix until broccoli breaks down into small pieces. If you don’t have a food processor, you could also use a blender. Using a spatula, scoop the pesto into a bowl. Set aside.
Cook The Spaghetti:
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Add spaghetti noodles and cook according to instructions on the side of the package.
- Drain and rinse then add to a serving bowl and mix with the broccoli pesto. Top with turkey meatballs and grated parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
See more family-friendly recipes on our website: www.andianne.com
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 881Total Fat: 43gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 27gCholesterol: 234mgSodium: 720mgCarbohydrates: 67gFiber: 6gSugar: 4gProtein: 57g
Please note: This nutrition information is only an estimate as was created using Nutritionix
Did you enjoy this post? Share the ❤️ and Pin it to Pinterest!