Today I’m showing you an easy sweet potato biscuit recipe just in time for the holiday season, although you can prepare these any time of the year.
Sweet potato biscuits are probably one of the easiest types of bread to put together. You don’t need to be a fancy cook to prepare them, and no matter what they always taste delicious and turn out great.
Pro Tip: I once had a friend who owns a bakery tell me her secret to a good biscuit or scone. The secret is in the butter texture. You want to cut the butter into small cubes and then use a pastry cutter to have it turn into crumbles as you add it to the dough. I’ve been using this method ever since!
Sweet Potato Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To mash up a sweet potato fast: Prick the outside of sweet potato with a fork in multiple places. Microwave for 6-7 minutes, then let cool. scrape out potato, and mash (I used an electric mixer with a tiny splash of milk, but you can also use a blender or hand masher).
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the cubed butter to the bowl, and use a pastry blender to cut butter into small crumb-like texture. Add in the mashed sweet potato and milk. Mix until just combined (this is the key to a delicious biscuit).
- Add dough to floured surface, and knead into a square or rectangle. Cut dough into squares. Place dough on baking sheet, and brush the tops with a bit of milk.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until golden brown.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Save it to Pinterest!