Air fryer carrots are delightfully sweet with a bit of saltiness and crunch. These carrots are tossed with olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Freshly grated parmesan is added as well and it creates the perfect salty crunchy pieces that compliment the carrots nicely. These carrots take 16 minutes to cook!
Be sure to try my 6 Easy Air Fryer Side Dish Recipes next!
Air Fryer Carrots
Carrots have a bit of natural sweetness to them that tastes great with the crispy parmesan bits! The trick to air fryer carrots is to cut them into small pieces that are similar in size. This will help them to cook more evenly. You can use regular carrots that are peeled and chopped or baby carrots.
- 1 lb carrots – chopped to about 2″ length
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese – optional
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
How To Make Air Fryer Carrots
Full ingredients and instructions are also in the recipe card at the bottom of this blog post.
STEP 1: Wash, peel and slice the carrots to 2″ in length. Pat them dry with a towel.
STEP 2: Add the chopped carrots to a large bowl along with 2 Tbsp olive oil, 2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese, ½ tsp garlic powder, ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp ground black pepper. Toss the ingredients together until evenly mixed.
STEP THREE: Add the carrots in a single layer to the air fryer basket and cook for 8 minutes, then shake the air fryer basket. Cook an additional 7-10 minutes, or until they’re tender when poked with a fork, golden brown and crispy on the outside. Serve immediately.
- If the carrots are too thick, I would recommend chopping them in half so they cook faster.
- Preheat your air fryer first. It’s similar to preheating the oven before baking. This will cook the carrots more evenly.
- Pat the carrots dry after washing to remove any excess moisture. This will help the olive oil and spices to coat carrots more evenly.
- Always toss the carrots halfway through air frying to get even cooking.
- Check in the last couple of minutes to make sure carrots aren’t burning. Every air fryer is different so it might take a little bit of practice getting used to your temperature and how it works.
- Bits of parmesan might fall through the bottom of the air fryer grate. You want to save these because they’re delicious! Just remove the bottom tray (if that’s how your air fryer works) and scoop them on top of the carrots on a plate.
How To Store Leftovers
- Refrigerate – Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days. They will lose any crispiness over time but can be reheated back in the air fryer.
- To Reheat – Reheat in the air fryer at 350°F for 5-10 minutes, or until edges crispen up and carrots are warmed through.
Tools For This Recipe
(Amazon affiliate links) – Check out all of my kitchen essentials here.
- Vortex Plus 6 Qt Air Fryer – This is my air fryer that I used in the photos! It has a large basket to cook more ingredients in a single layer. It can even cook a whole chicken. It also automatically preheats and lets you know when to add your food.
- Silicone Spatula – A must-have for scraping all the seasonings into the air fryer from the mixing bowl.
- Mixing Bowls – Stackable mixing bowls keep the cupboards more organized and make it easy to toss ingredients together quickly.
- Magnetic Measuring Spoons – I love these magnetic ones which stay nice and organized together when storing them
Get My Free Recipe Guides!
Grab the Free Recipe Guides of my most popular recipes (all in easy-to-print format)! Sign up for my free member’s library and you’ll get instant access to over 20 free recipe guides, plus I’m always adding more!
Tried This Recipe? Please Share It With Your Friends!
Leave a review using the stars in the recipe card below, I love hearing your feedback! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Air Fryer Carrots
- Prep: Wash, peel and slice the carrots to 2" in length. Pat them dry with a towel.
- Preheat the air fryer at 390°F for 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped carrots to a large bowl along with 2 Tbsp olive oil, 2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese, ½ tsp garlic powder, ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp ground black pepper. Toss the ingredients together until evenly mixed.
- Add the carrots in a single layer to the air fryer basket and cook for 8 minutes, then shake the air fryer basket.
- Cook an additional 7-10 minutes, or until they're tender when poked with a fork, golden brown and crispy on the outside. Serve immediately.
The nutritional information provided is an estimate and is per serving.