Burger salad bowl takes all the best parts of a traditional burger and turns it into a salad. Angus beef burger patty, crispy bacon, dill pickles, cherry tomatoes, red onion, avocado and romaine lettuce are combined with a delicious special sauce dressing that we all know and love on our burgers.
This burger salad bowl is gluten free, paleo, keto, whole 30, nut free, and dairy optional. I love making this salad bowl on burger nights!
Burger Salad Bowl
This is like a deconstructed burger in a bowl. It is sooo yummy. It tastes like a normal burger but it’s low carb and has way more fresh veggies. I am in LOVE with this recipe and I know that I’ll be making this anytime I’m craving a burger this summer.
Ok, so the salad dressing isn’t quite what I’d normally use. But I’ll happily make an exception for this delicious burger salad bowl. The special sauce dressing is EVERYTHING for this meal. It brings all these incredible ingredients together into a really fun dish.
I know that my daughter wouldn’t be as excited to eat this as she would a normal burger. But me, I’m hooked! Anytime I make burgers I know that my husband and I will be eating this version (he’s gluten-free so he doesn’t eat burger buns anyways) and I’ll just make a normal burger for my daughter.
Burger Salad Bowl Ingredients
For this burger salad bowl, you’ll need:
- Burger Patty – You can use any kind of burger patty you’d like here. I used an angus beef burger patty. A black bean burger would also taste great!
- Bacon – Who doesn’t love bacon? Two strips of cooked bacon are crumbled and added to this bowl.
- Romaine Lettuce – The lettuce will be the base of the salad bowl.
- Cherry Tomatoes – You’ll need 1/2 cup of sliced cherry tomatoes. You can also substitute for grape tomatoes or regular tomato slices.
- Dill Pickles – Two dill pickles are sliced into small pieces and added to this salad.
- Red Onion – I love raw red onion! I used 1/2 cup of sliced onion. However, if that seems like too much for you, then try 1/4 cup instead.
- Avocado – 1/2 of a ripe avocado is cubed and scooped into the salad.
- Special Sauce Dressing – This dressing is what makes this salad oh so good! To make the special sauce dressing you’ll need mayonnaise, ketchup, soy sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and ground pepper.
How To Make The Burger Salad Bowl
- Cook The Hamburger Patty and Bacon Strips – You’ll need to cook the hamburger patty and bacon strips beforehand. You can add both to the same frying pan and cook together. You can bake them or you can air fry them. I ended up cooking a large batch of bacon for breakfast and saving some for this recipe. Then I cooked my hamburger patty in the air fryer (see instructions here). Make sure to blot the burger patty and bacon with paper towel before adding to the salad. This will remove the extra unwanted grease.
- Chop The Vegetables At The Same Time – It’s easiest to wash and chop all veggies together. First, rip the romaine into small bite-sized pieces, wash the romaine lettuce, add to a salad spinner, drain and set aside. Then wash the cherry tomatoes and slice in half. Slice the dill pickles, red onion and avocado. You can assemble the salad at this point in any way that you’d like. I kept all the ingredients separate, but you could easily add everything to a bowl and toss together.
- Make The Dressing – Add the mayonnaise, ketchup, soy sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper to a bowl and mix together. Drizzle that deliciousness overtop of the salad and toss together. YUM! Dig in, because you’re gonna love this!
More Recipes To Try
Need some more delicious family friendly recipes? I’ve got you covered:
- Pizza Pasta Bake – your family is going to love this cheesy pasta bake! We ate every inch of this casserole, it was seriously THAT good.
- Black Bean Burgers – full of flavor and easy to put together. These are a great meatless meal idea.
- Baked Chickpea Nuggets – a budget-friendly meatless meal idea that the whole family can eat. Serve them with your favorite dipping sauce, or add them to a salad.
- Easy Skillet Lasagna – takes less time to make than traditional lasagna and the results are just as delicious. It’s filled with tender lasagna noodles, pasta sauce, cheese and ground beef.
- Sheet Pan Fajitas – this is an easy family favorite that’s perfect for themed nights like Taco Tuesdays, or Fun Fridays.
Burger Salad Bowl
- 1 hamburger patty - cooked
- 2 bacon strips - cooked
- 3 cups romaine lettuce - chopped small
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes - sliced in half
- 2 large dill pickles - chopped small
- ½ cup red onion - sliced thin
- ½ ripe avocado - chopped
- Cook the hamburger patty and bacon using a frying pan, air fryer or barbecue. Blot excess grease from the patty with a paper towel. Slice burger into strips, and bacon into small pieces.
- Wash and chop all the vegetables. Wash romaine lettuce then tear into bite size pieces. Slice the cherry tomatoes in half. Slice the dill pickles into bite size pieces. Slice red onion into thin strips. Slice the avocado into small pieces.
- Add romaine lettuce to a bowl or plate. Top with sliced burger, bacon pieces, cherry tomatoes, dill pickles, red onion and avocado.
- In a bowl, mix together the salad dressing ingredients: mayonnaise, ketchup, soy sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle sauce over top of salad. Serve immediately.
Please note these nutritional values provided above are just an estimate. Actual numbers will vary based on brands and ingredients you choose, and your preferred portion sizes.