This Hawaiian macaroni salad recipe is an easy pasta salad made with cook pasta noodles, onions, carrots and a creamy salad dressing.
This recipe is great to serve as a side dish for picnics, potlucks and barbecues.
Easy Pasta Salad
- This recipe uses simple ingredients that are budget-friendly.
- Prep the recipe ahead of time and store in the fridge until you’re ready to serve.
- Divide into serving portions for easy meal prep lunches.
- Serve with hamburgers or as a side to barbecued ribs, steak or chicken.
PASTA NOODLES: Any type of elbow macaroni noodles will work. I used rice pasta noodles.
CARROT: I used one large carrot, grated on a cheese grater.
ONION: Should be diced small for the recipe.
GREEN ONIONS: Should be chopped small. You can use a pair of kitchen scissors to slice them small – it makes things so much easier!
CELERY: Chopped small.
APPLE CIDER VINEGAR: This is tossed with the salad ingredients before adding the dressing. This is NOT apple cider juice.
CREAMY DRESSING: A simple homemade dressing is made from mayonnaise, milk, sugar, dried onion, salt and pepper.
How To Make Hawaiian Macaroni Salad
- Cook elbow macaroni. Chop and shred the vegetables.
- Mix together mayonnaise, milk, sugar, dried minced onion, salt and pepper according to the full recipe instructions below.
- Add pasta, carrots, onion, and celery to a mixing bowl. Pour apple cider vinegar over top and stir. Add remaining dressing to the salad.
- Let chill in the fridge 4 hours. Serve and enjoy!
Leftover pasta salad can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up 3-4 days but tastes best when served within 1-2 days.
More Salad Recipes
- Bacon Ranch Potato Salad is a delicious healthier version using paleo salad dressing.
- Ranch Taco Chicken Salad uses delicious vegetables, cooked chicken, black beans, cheddar cheese and crunchy tortilla chips.
- BLT Pasta Salad is a healthier version of the classic, using greek yogurt, mayonnaise and fresh parsley as the salad dressing.
- Beet Bacon and Feta Salad is drizzled with a delicious balsamic rosemary salad dressing and feta cheese.
Did you love this Hawaiian macaroni salad? Be sure to leave a rating below!
- 16 oz brown rice elbow macaroni - equal to 1lb
- 1 cup grated carrots - (about 1 large carrot)
- ½ cup chopped yellow onion
- 6 green onions - chopped small
- 2 celery ribs - chopped small
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Cook the elbow macaroni according to package directions. Rinse under cold water and drain.
- While macaroni is cooking, mix together the dressing: Add 2 cups mayonnaise, ¼ cup milk (dairy or non-dairy), 1 Tbsp coconut sugar (or other sweetener), dried minced onion, salt and pepper to a bowl. Mix together and set aside.
- Add cooked pasta, grated carrots, chopped onion, green onions, and celery ribs to a bowl. Drizzle the apple cider vinegar overtop and mix together.
- Drizzle the dressing over top and toss salad together.
- Cover the salad and let chill in the fridge for minimum 4 hours.
- Give a quick stir just before serving.
The nutritional information provided is an estimate and is per serving.