Crispy air fryer brussels sprouts are so easy to make in the air fryer. Everything including prep time and cook time is all done in less than 15 minutes.
These remind me of kale chips. Crispy, and addictive with a pinch of salt. Truthfully I could eat an entire plate of these myself, but it’s also good to share.
Crispy Brussels Sprouts
I love this air fryer brussels sprouts recipe because A.) it’s an easy side for almost any dinner, including chicken, beef and pork. And B.) it’s such an easy snack to make and munch on! These can be prepped and air-fried in less than 15 minutes.
If you already have an air fryer, you’re probably beginning to realize just how awesome and convenient it is to have this tool in your kitchen. You can air fry almost anything, and it’s not as easy to get the same crispy results (or even crispier) when baked in the oven!
The secret is that air fryers allow hot air to circulate around the food, providing more even cooking. I have the Vortex Plus 6 Qt Air Fryer made by the Instant Pot brand. It’s a pretty popular air fryer (sold on Amazon), and I really like how large the basket it so you can add more food in a single layer. My previous air fryer was smaller and I had to cook food in two batches to get that perfect crispiness.
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts – washed, stems removed, and sliced in half.
- 3 Tbsp olive oil – or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp ground black pepper – to taste
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
How To Make Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
Full ingredients and instructions are also in the recipe card at the bottom of this blog post.
STEP 1: Wash and slice the brussels sprouts in half. Pat them dry with a towel.
STEP 2: Add the brussels sprouts to a large bowl along with 3 Tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp onion powder, ¼ tsp salt, ½ tsp ground black pepper, and 2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese. Toss the ingredients together until evenly mixed.
STEP 3: Preheat the air fryer at 350°F for 2 minutes.
STEP 4: Add the brussels sprouts and cook for 7 minutes, then shake the air fryer basket.
STEP 5: Cook an additional 7-10 minutes, or until they’re tender when poked with a fork, golden brown and crispy on the outside. Serve immediately.
- Preheat your air fryer first. It’s similar to preheating the oven before baking. This will cook the brussels sprouts more evenly.
- Pat the brussels sprouts dry after washing to remove any excess moisture. This will help the olive oil to coat them more evenly.
- Always toss the ingredients halfway through air fryer to get even crispiness.
- Check in the last couple of minutes to make sure they’re not burning. Every air fryer is different so it might take a little bit of practice getting used to your temperature and how it works.
“Help! My Brussels Sprouts Are Still Hard On The Inside! What Do I Do?”
Ah yes, this can certainly happen. I like my brussels sprouts crisp-tender, but some people prefer them much softer. The best way to achieve this is by cooking at a lower temperature for longer.
Start at 325°F and cook for 7-10 minutes, or until brussels sprouts are tender when poked with a fork. Next, turn the temperature up on the air fryer to 350°F and cook an additional 2-4 minutes to crispen up the outside edges. Make sure to keep an eye on them during this last step as the edges can burn easily.
Also, every air fryer is slightly different so there is no exact time that will work for everyone. My new air fryer cooks faster and more evenly than the one I bought a few years ago. Once you figure out the perfect time for your air fryer, write it down for next time!
How To Store Leftovers
- Refrigerate – Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days. They will lose their crispiness over time but can be reheated back in the air fryer.
- To Reheat – Reheat in the air fryer at 350°F for 5-10 minutes, or until edges crispen up and brussels sprouts are warmed through.
Tools For This Recipe
(Amazon affiliate links) – Check out all of my kitchen essentials here.
- Vortex Plus 6 Qt Air Fryer – This is my air fryer that I used in the photos! It has a large basket to cook more ingredients in a single layer. It can even cook a whole chicken. It also automatically preheats and lets you know when to add your food.
- Silicone Spatula – A must-have for scraping all the seasonings into the air fryer from the mixing bowl.
- Mixing Bowls – Stackable mixing bowls keep the cupboards more organized and make it easy to toss ingredients together quickly.
- Magnetic Measuring Spoons – I love these magnetic ones which stay nice and organized together when storing them
Get My Free Recipe Guides!
Grab the Free Recipe Guides of my most popular recipes (all in easy-to-print format)! Sign up for my free member’s library and you’ll get instant access to over 20 free recipe guides, plus I’m always adding more!
Tried This Recipe? Please Share It With Your Friends!
Leave a review using the stars in the recipe card below, I love hearing your feedback! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Prep: Wash and slice the brussels sprouts in half. Pat them dry with a towel.
- Add the brussels sprouts to a large bowl along with 3 Tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp onion powder, ¼ tsp salt, ½ tsp ground black pepper, and 2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese. Toss the ingredients together until evenly mixed.
- Preheat the air fryer at 350°F for 2 minutes.
- Add the brussels sprouts and cook for 7 minutes, then shake the air fryer basket.
- Cook an additional 7-10 minutes, or until they're tender when poked with a fork, golden brown and crispy on the outside. Serve immediately.
- Cook the brussels sprouts at 325F for 7-10 minutes, or until tender when poked with a fork. Turn the heat to 350F and cook an additional 2-4 minutes to crispen up the edges. Keep an eye on this last step to not burn them.
The nutritional information provided is an estimate and is per serving.