Air fryer roasted brussels sprouts are easy to make and create delicious crispy results. They’re made with olive oil, salt and pepper and parmesan cheese.
Air fryer brussels sprouts are one of the easiest side dishes for almost any meal. They’re healthy, crunchy, and kids usually love them (because of their crispy deliciousness).
Crispy Brussels Sprouts
These remind me of kale chips. Crispy, and addictive with a pinch of salt. Truthfully I could eat an entire plate of these myself, but it’s also good to share. I love this air fryer brussels sprouts recipe because A.) it’s a healthy side dish for almost any dinner like honey garlic salmon or dijon thyme baked chicken. And B.) it’s such an easy snack to make and munch on! These can be prepped and air fried in less than 20 minutes.
Let’s talk about air fryers for a quick sec. If you already have one, you’re probably beginning to realize just how awesome and convenient it is to have this tool in your kitchen. You can air fry almost anything, and it’s not as easy to get the same crispy results when baked in the oven.
I have the Ninja Foodi Deluxe – it’s an all-in-one that allows me to use it as an air fryer, instant pot, sear, slow cook, steam and even bake food. The options are truly endless with this thing and I feel like I’m just getting started with it. If you haven’t purchased an air fryer yet, I highly recommend the Ninja Foodi Deluxe. I love that it replaces multiple tools which saves space in the kitchen.
BRUSSELS SPROUTS – Look for brussels sprouts that look fresh and green and don’t have any spots on the outsides of them.
OLIVE OIL – I used olive oil for this recipe, but you could also use coconut oil, avocado oil or any cooking oil you have already at home.
SPICES – These spices will give your brussels sprouts a delicious flavor: garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
PARMESAN CHEESE – Parmesan is the secret ingredient that will make your brussels sprouts go from good to amazing. But truthfully I feel like freshly grated parmesan cheese can do that with any meal.
How To Make Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
Crispy brussels sprouts are so easy to make in the air fryer. Everything including prep time and cook time is all done in less than 15 minutes.
- Wash the brussels sprouts. Peel off the outside layers, slice off the bottom thick piece, then slice each one in half.
- In a large bowl, mix together the olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, grated parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Add in the brussels sprouts toss in the seasoning until fully coated.
- Lightly coat the air fryer with cooking spray or olive oil on a paper towel.
- Preheat the air fryer for two minutes at 350°F. Add in the brussel sprouts and cook for 6 minutes, then toss them around. Cook for another 6-10 minutes, keeping an eye on them in the last couple of minutes so that they don’t burn.
Tips For Perfect Crispy Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Preheat your air fryer first. This will give you the best crispy brussels sprouts.
- Pat the brussels sprouts dry after washing to remove any excess moisture.
- Always toss halfway through cooking to get even crispiness.
- Check in the last couple of minutes to make sure they’re not overcooking. Every air fryer is different so it might take a little bit of practice getting used to your temperature and how it works.
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes:
Air Fryer Salmon – you can cook your salmon in an air fryer too! This recipe uses a yummy honey mustard marinade.
Crispy Air Fryer Potatoes – These are delicious. I will eat a whole bowl of these myself easily.
Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Wash and slice the brussels sprouts in half.
- In a large bowl combine seasonings: olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, 1 Tbsp parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Add brussels sprouts to the bowl and toss together with the seasoning mixture until fully coated.
- Preheat the air fryer at 350°F for 2 minutes.
- Lightly coat the inside of the air fryer tray or basket with olive oil or cooking spray. Add the brussels sprouts and cook for 6 minutes, then give a quick toss.
- Cook an additional 6-10 minutes, or until they're golden brown and crispy on the outside. Add to a plate and toss with extra grated parmesan cheese.