This banana bundt cake is simple and beautiful. The delicious cake has a lovely moist center that tastes just like banana bread. A simple glaze is drizzled over top for the perfect hint of sweetness.
Bundt cake pans are an easy way to create gorgeous desserts without a lot of fuss. I’ll walk you through how to make this cake including bundt pan tips below.
Delicious Bundt Cake Recipe
Bundt cakes are a beautiful way to make a homemade cake without frosting. The bundt pan creates the most beautiful shape and helps the cake to cook more evenly.
Today’s recipe tastes similar to banana bread. It’s topped with a sugar glaze for the perfect touch. Serve it as an afternoon snack cake, simple dessert, or Sunday brunch treat. It tastes great with a cup of coffee or tea!
BANANAS: Be sure to use overripe bananas with lots of brown spots. These are extra sweet and easier to mash, making them perfect for baking.
DRY INGREDIENTS: Brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and nutmeg are the base of this recipe.
WET INGREDIENTS: Eggs, milk, and applesauce help to create a moist banana cake.
GLAZE ICING: The glaze was made with powdered sugar and milk. The glaze is optional but adds the perfect sweetness! Feel free to use a cream cheese frosting like the on from our pumpkin oatmeal cookies. Or spread the top with peanut butter or nut butter just before serving.
VARIATIONS: Add chocolate chips, greek yogurt, or use a yellow cake mix as the base to save time.
How To Make Banana Bread Bundt Cake
- Use non-stick cooking spray on the inside of the pan. Make sure every part of the pan is coated.
- Cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Add eggs, vanilla, mashed bananas, milk and applesauce. Mix together.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and nutmeg.
- Add the dry ingredients bowl to the wet according to the full recipe card instructions below.
- Pour the cake batter into the pan and bake until a toothpick comes out clean when poked in the center. Let cool completely inverted.
- Whisk together the powdered sugar and milk. Pour over top of the cake and let it drizzle down. Cut into cake slices and serve.
Leftover cake can be stored in the fridge or on the counter, depending on the humidity of where you live. Store in an airtight container or covered with plastic wrap up to 4-5 days for maximum freshness. Freeze the rest.
PRO TIP: This bundt cake can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. Let it cool thoroughly first, then slice into smaller slices. Wrap each one in parchment paper or plastic wrap and place them all in a freezer bag. Seal tightly and remove as much air as possible. Thaw frozen cake overnight in the fridge before using.
Bundt Cake Recipe Tips
Bundt cakes can easily stick to the pan while baking! You can avoid this with a few handy tips:
- Check Size Of Pan: Before baking, make sure to check how many cups your bundt pan will hold. This recipe is for a 12 cup bundt pan (a bigger sized bundt pan). You can usually find the size written on the outside of the pan. If not, you can measure by pouring water into the bundt pan with a measuring cup and counting how many it holds.
- Spray The Bundt Pan: A critical step is to spray the inside of the bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray. Make sure every corner and space inside is coated. If not, the cake might stick in that spot.
- Avoid Air Bubbles: After pouring the batter into the pan, gently tap the bundt pan on the counter three times. This will help to remove any air bubbles that may form inside the cake.
- Let Cool 10 Minutes: Nordicware pans require 10 minutes of cooling in pan before flipping onto a cooling rack for best results.
- If The Cake Is Still Not Separating: If you’re still struggling with the cake coming out of the bundt pan, try gently running a butter knife along the edges between cake and pan, being careful to follow the shape of the pan. You can also use a flimsy spatula in the larger sections to help the cake separate from the pan.
More Easy Recipes
- Pumpkin Raisin Loaf with Orange Glaze is another great cake with a cup of tea.
- Easy One-Bowl Banana Bread is so simple with even less clean-up.
- Banana Oatmeal Muffins are the perfect healthy breakfast muffin.
- Strawberry Banana Bread takes a classic recipe using brown bananas and adds fresh berries!
- Blueberry Orange Yogurt Pound Cake is a lovely treat made in a loaf pan.
Easy Banana Bundt Cake Recipe
- ⅔ cup unsalted butter - room temperature
- 2 cups light brown sugar - or coconut sugar or monkfruit sweetener
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 ripe bananas - mashed
- 1 cup milk - dairy or non-dairy will work
- 1 cup applesauce
- 5 cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray the inside of a 12 cup bundt cake pan with cooking spray. Use a paper towel to make sure all corners and ridges are coated with the oil.
- In a large bowl, cream the room temperature butter with sugar using a hand mixer (or by hand with a fork or pastry cutter).
- Add in the eggs and vanilla, mix again.
- Mash ripe bananas on a plate with a fork. They should be nice and mushy with very little chunks left.
- Add the mashed banana, milk and applesauce to the bowl and mix them in.
- In a medium bowl mix the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Add ⅓ of the dry flour bowl to the wet ingredients bowl and mix using the hand mixer. Add another ⅓ and mix, then add the last ⅓ and mix. Batter should be smooth and the end. Don't overmix – just enough for it to be even.
- Use a spatula to scoop batter into the greased bundt pan. Gently tap three times on the counter to help remove potential air bubbles. Place in oven and bake for 50-55 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when poked in the center. The top of cake will be golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Gently flip onto a wire rack to cool for 1 hour before adding the glaze.
- Sift the powdered sugar though a fine mesh strainer into a bowl. Add the milk and whisk together until sugar is dissolved. Drizzle over top of the cake. Serve and enjoy!