Cranberry jello salad is a very easy recipe made with whole cranberry sauce, crushed pineapple and strawberry gelatin.
Festive Cranberry Pineapple Salad
This cranberry pineapple jello salad is a classic recipe that reminds me of my childhood. It’s easy peasy to make and a great addition to your holiday meal.
The process to make it is simple, all you need is a kettle of boiling water and a bowl to mix everything together. No stovetop is necessary.
Although this jello salad is sweet-tasting, it’s also tart all thanks to the cranberries. Traditionally it’s served as a side dish with Thanksgiving dinner or Christmas dinner with roasted turkey. The recipe uses strawberry gelatin – you can use a sugar-free jello version if you prefer.
You only need 5 ingredients to make this classic jello salad.
- CRANBERRY SAUCE: Be sure to use whole berry cranberry sauce versus jellied cranberry sauce. You want the whole cranberries for this recipe because they add great texture and flavor.
- PINEAPPLE: This recipe uses 1 can of crushed pineapple, including the juice.
- GELATIN: You can use regular strawberry jello, or a sugar-free version like I did. I used 2 packs of Simply Delish strawberry gelatin that’s sweetened with stevia. Raspberry gelatin or cherry jello (gelatin) will also work.
- APPLE: You’ll need one apple, chopped into bite-size pieces.
- WATER: You can boil the hot water in a kettle (like I did) or in a pot on the stove (water must be hot, not cold water).
- VARIATIONS: Substitute apples for canned mandarin oranges, chopped fresh pineapple or chopped pecans.
How To Make Jello Cranberry Salad
- Chop the apple. Add it to a large bowl with pineapple and cranberry sauce. Mix together.
- Add the strawberry gelatin to a bowl along with boiling water according to the full instructions in the recipe card below.
- Pour the gelatin overtop of the fruit. Mix together and refrigerate.
- Stir once chilled. Add to a serving platter and enjoy!
Leftover jello salad can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge up to 3-4 days. This recipe must be kept chilled until you’re ready to serve.
More Festive Side Dish Recipes
Serve these delicious recipes over the holiday season.
- Cranberry Sauce with Orange Zest made with fresh cranberries takes Thanksgiving to the next level.
- Balsamic Rosemary Beets is the perfect side dish to pair with your dinner.
- Garlic Green Beans with Bacon … is there anything better?
- Stuffed Acorn Squash with Ground Beef are incredibly delicious and a feast on the eyes.
- Roasted Root Vegetables topped with pomegranate seeds. An easy healthy Christmas side dish.
- Fall Harvest Salad made with a variety of beautiful vegetables including delicata squash, kale and pomegranate. All topped with a delicious apple cider vinegar dressing.
Cranberry Pineapple Jello Salad
- Chop one small apple into bite-size pieces.
- Add the crushed pineapple, whole cranberry sauce and chopped apple to a bowl.
- Mix them together.
- In a separate bowl add two packs (6 oz) of strawberry gelatin.
- Add 1 ¾ cups of boiling water to the gelatin powder. Whisk for two minutes to fully dissolve.
- Pour the liquid overtop of the fruit and stir together. Place in the fridge for 3-4 hours to chill and set.
- Once fully chilled, stir with a spoon to break up the gelatin. Keep in the fridge until ready to serve.