*This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
This ground turkey sweet potato skillet is a recipe that I guarantee you’ll have on repeat. Made with easy ingredients you can find at any grocery store including ground turkey, sweet potato, spices, onion, and mozzarella cheese. This recipe is quick and easy and the perfect healthy dinner in under 30 minutes.
I don’t know about you, but I loooove a dinner recipe that’s healthy, easy to make, and budget-friendly! As a health coach, I’m always looking for ways to make healthy eating easier for you. And this recipe will do just that. It’s super simple, you can make it in one skillet and your family is going to love it!
How To Make The Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet
From start to finish, this recipe can be on your family’s plates in under 30 minutes.
Prep the vegetables:
I like to wash and prep all my vegetables first. For this recipe, you’ll need to wash, peel and chop the sweet potato into small cubes. Dice half of an onion, and mince two cloves of garlic.
Brown the ground turkey:
Add a little bit of coconut oil into a skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Add the ground turkey and break into small pieces. Let cook until it starts to brown.
Add onion, sweet potato and spices to skillet:
Add the onion, sweet potato and spices. Cover the skillet with a lid (optional) and let cook, stirring occasionally until the sweet potato is soft when poked with a fork.
Melt mozzarella on top:
Grate some mozzarella cheese and sprinkle on top. Dish up and enjoy with your family.
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- Sea salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- In a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, add the coconut oil and let melt. Add in ground turkey and minced garlic. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add in the diced onion and cook until soft.
- Add the sweet potato and season everything with salt and pepper. Cover the skillet and cook until sweet potato is tender when poked with a fork. Stir the mixture occasionally during this process.
- Sprinkle the mixture with mozzarella cheese and serve while still warm.
See more family-friendly recipes on our website: www.andianne.com
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 473Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 131mgSodium: 362mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 33g
Please note: This nutrition information is only an estimate.