Sheet pan fajitas are easy, healthy, and can be ready for dinner in 30 minutes. Made with chicken breast, spices, onion, and colorful bell pepper. This is an easy family favorite that’s perfect for Taco Tuesdays, or Fun Fridays.
Sheet Pan Fajitas
I’m a big fan of easy weeknight dinners and this one doesn’t disappoint! What I LOVE about this recipe is that it’s incredibly simple. Not a lot of fuss here and kids love it. You can add extra toppings if you want, like sliced avocado, fresh lime, cilantro, shredded lettuce, hot sauce, sour cream and guacamole. OR you can keep it super simple by just using the sheet pan fajitas as the filler with a little salsa – all rolled in a tortilla wrap.
Why You’ll Love Sheet Pan Fajitas
IT’S ALL MADE ON ONE SHEET PAN – One pan meals are the best kind of meals, in my opinion. There’s less work and less clean up. This entire fajita mix is all prepped and baked in one single sheet pan. Easy peasy.
IT’S HEALTHY – This recipe is high in protein and loaded with veggies. It uses simple spices with no added preservatives.
IT’S FAST – It’s so easy to chop up a bunch of veggies, slice some chicken, and top with spices. The entire recipe can be made from start to finish (including baking) in 30 minutes!
IT’S DELICIOUS – You don’t need to add a lot of extras to this meal. Just some tortilla wraps and a bit of salsa to create a simple, yet delicious meal. If you want more toppings, then load them on! Anything goes here – whatever your family likes on their tacos will work here too.
Sheet Pan Fajita Ingredients
- CHICKEN BREAST – I used two large chicken breasts. If you have a hungry family, then add 1-2 more chicken breasts to the meal (depending on the size of the chicken breast).
- SPICES – Make the spice mix from scratch and skip all the preservatives that store-bought taco mixes have. This recipe uses chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper.
- YELLOW ONION – I used one yellow onion sliced into thin strips. You could also use a red or white onion here.
- BELL PEPPER SLICES – I like to use multiple colors of bell peppers to make this fun! In this recipe, I used one green bell pepper, one red, and one yellow. These are all sliced into thin strips.
How To Make Sheet Pan Fajitas:
The process to make these fajitas couldn’t be more simple.
- PREP: Add sliced chicken, onion and bell pepper to the sheet pan. Drizzle with vegetable oil and sprinkle on spices.
- BAKE: Bake for 25 minutes at 400°F, flipping the mixture halfway. Turn the oven to broil – bake for 2-3 minutes for extra crispiness, keeping an eye on it so it doesn’t overcook.
- ASSEMBLE: Spoon the mixture onto tortilla wraps and add 1 spoonful of salsa. Fold the wrap and enjoy!
More Dinner Recipes:
- Sweet and Sour Sausage Skillet – another one-pan recipe that can be cooked in under 30 minutes.
- Honey Garlic Salmon – this is one of my favorite ways to eat salmon. It’s light and fresh!
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Wraps – I love making a big batch of wraps for a weeknight family dinner.
- Chicken Olive Pasta Bake – one of my husband’s favorite recipes!
Sheet Pan Fajitas
- 2-3 chicken breasts - sliced into strips
- 1 yellow onion - sliced thin
- 1 green bell pepper - sliced into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper - sliced into strips
- 1 red bell pepper - sliced into strips
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil - (ex. avocado oil, coconut oil, etc)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or use nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl mix together spices: chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. Set a side.
- Add chicken strips to baking sheet.
- Add onion slices.
- Add bell pepper slices.
- Drizzle vegetable oil and sprinkle seasoning mix on top of everything. Gently mix together with a spatula.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from oven and flip over pieces with a spatula. Add back to oven and cook an additional 12-15 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked. Turn the oven to broil and cook 2-3 minutes to help crispen up the chicken and veggies.
- Remove from oven, add to a large bowl. Serve inside tortilla wraps with salsa and any other toppings you'd like.