Sheet pan nachos with ground beef are made on a baking sheet and cooked in the oven. Crispy tortilla chips are loaded with tomatoes, onions, corn, and beans and topped with shredded mozzarella cheese.
Serve with your favorite toppings including sour cream, salsa, guacamole and hot sauce for a fun family dinner idea, or perfect party snack.
Oven Baked Nachos
These are often called oven baked nachos – and that’s exactly what they are.
This sheet pan nacho recipe can be eaten as a meal – perfect for Taco Tuesdays or Fun Friday themed nights! And the nachos can be eaten straight from the sheet pan (just be sure to let people know the pan is hot).
Ever thought of serving nachos for dinner before? Well, this recipe is basically a deconstructed taco – and filled with healthy ingredients like tomatoes, onion, black beans, pinto beans, and corn.
These nachos are fun. They’re simple. And they’re always a hit. What more could you want?
Best Tortilla Chips For Nachos
I made a mistake when making this recipe. I used thin tortilla chips… don’t do this.
The recipe was still delicious. But the nachos were floppy and wouldn’t hold the ingredients up as easily. So be sure to use regular style tortilla chips instead.
We all have a favorite brand of tortilla chips – use those ones – but just not the thin version. This is my favorite tortilla chip. I just buy them at my local grocery store.
Ingredients For Sheet Pan Nachos
- GROUND BEEF – I’m adding lean ground beef to the sheet pan nachos. This will need to be cooked in a frying pan before added to the sheet pan nachos.
- SEASONINGS – Garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper are used to add flavor to the ground beef while it’s cooking in the frying pan.
- VEGGIES – These nachos are loaded with grape tomatoes, corn, yellow onion, and green onion. You can add any additional vegetables that you’d like. Or remove ones that you don’t like.
- BEANS – Black beans and pinto beans are added to the recipe for extra protein. White navy beans, chickpeas or lentils would also work great.
- CHEESE – I used shredded mozzarella cheese, but you could use any type of cheese that you like.
How To Make Sheet Pan Nachos
- BROWN THE BEEF: Add cooking oil to a skillet over medium heat. Add in the ground beef along with all the spices (garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper). Cook the ground beef until it’s no longer pink. Drain any excess grease before adding to the sheet pan.
- ASSEMBLE THE NACHOS: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper then add the tortilla chips. Add the toppings including ground beef, yellow onion, grape tomatoes, corn, black beans, pinto beans, sliced black olives and green onions. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of everything.
- BAKE: Place the sheet pan in the oven at 350°F for 12-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- SERVE WITH FAVORITE TOPPINGS: Serve with your favorite toppings including sour cream, salsa, and sliced avocado.
Tips For Making Sheet Pan Nachos
- Use regular-style tortilla chips, not the thin ones. These will hold the toppings up easier.
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper to make clean up easier for you.
- Spread out the tortilla chips evenly so that they get access to all the toppings and cheese.
- Keep an eye on the nachos while they’re baking in the oven to prevent over-cooking. My nachos took about 14 minutes to have the cheese fully melt, but this time might vary for you.
- After cooking, the sheet pan will be hot. Be sure to tell people that when you’re serving. After about 10-15 minutes it should be cool enough to touch.
- While the nachos are cooking in the oven, add your favorite sauces and dips to small bowls for serving. Sour cream, salsa, hot sauce, guacamole, freshly sliced limes, cilantro are all great ideas.
- If you don’t want to use the ground beef you can easily swap it out. You can also use pre-cooked chicken in replacement for the ground beef. Or just use veggies and beans! This recipe is easily customizable to your tastes.
If you want to switch things up and add different toppings, here are some other ideas to try:
- cooked chicken
- bean alternatives: lentils, chickpeas, white navy beans, etc.
- frozen peas
- sliced radishes
- bell peppers
- jalapeno pepper
- strips of kale – they will crisp up in the oven while baking
- and anything else you want to try!
Sheet Pan Nacho Garnishes
Here are some garnishes, dips and sauces to serve with your nachos
- sliced avocado
- fresh cilantro
- Freshly squeezed lime juice
- sour cream
- hot sauce
- salsa (mild, medium or hot)
More Sheet Pan Meals
Sheet Pan Fajitas – chicken and sliced bell peppers are baked in a sheet pan for the easiest dinner idea. Serve in tortilla wraps or lettuce leaves.
Sheet Pan Pancakes – the fastest way to make a big batch of pancakes. Once you try this recipe you may never go back to the old way of flipping pancakes on the stove.
Sheet Pan Teriyaki Salmon with Roasted Vegetables – a healthy dinner idea that’s served with rice.
Loaded Ground Beef Sheet Pan Nachos
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp cumin
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup grape tomatoes - sliced in half
- ¼ yellow onion - chopped
- ½ cup frozen corn
- ½ cup canned black beans - drained and rinsed
- ½ cup canned pinto beans - drained and rinsed
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- 4 green onions - chopped
- 2 ½ cups mozzarella cheese - or any cheese you prefer
- 5.5 oz tortilla chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a frying pan over medium-high heat, add 1 Tbsp cooking oil and the ground beef. Stir in the spices: garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. Cook until the beef is no longer pink, about 5-10 minutes. Drain any excess grease before adding to nachos.
- Add a layer of tortilla chips on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle on the toppings: ground beef, green onions, grape tomatos, yellow onion, corn, black beans, pinto beans and olives.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of everything and add to the oven. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is fully melted.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 mins before serving.