*This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
Baked eggs in a hole is an easy breakfast idea you can make for your family. All you need are three simple ingredients, your favorite bread, eggs, and butter. They’re fun to make and kids love to eat them.
More Breakfast Recipes To Try
- Farmhouse Sausage Biscuit Muffins
- Banana Oatmeal Muffins
- Creamy Oatmeal with Yogurt and Fried Banana
- 6 Overnight Oat Recipes For Easy Breakfasts
To make this baked eggs in a hole recipe you will need these four ingredients:
- Your favorite bread slices (can be frozen, fresh or even stale)
- Four eggs
- Butter (either cold or room temp, it doesn’t matter)
- A cookie cutter or a glass
- A baking sheet – I have this professional grade baking sheet and love it. It has definitely made cooking a lot easier because the food comes out of the pan effortlessly,
Step one: Spread butter onto both sides of the bread slices. You can use cold butter or room temperature butter depending on what you have.
Step two: Take a cookie cutter of any shape, or the rim of a glass (I used a small mason jar to make the circle shape) and cut out the center of the slice of bread. The inside pieces can be kept and toasted in the oven as well, so make sure you save them.
- I used a star cutter shape: See the ones I used here
Step three: Place all slices onto your baking sheet that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. The inside shapes can be placed onto a separate baking sheet as well. Bake at 375°F for 5 minutes, then remove from oven.
Step four: First, flip each piece of toast. Then crack an egg into a bowl and pour the egg into the center of the bread.
Step five: Bake for another 10-12 minutes, or until the egg is fully cooked and no longer translucent. Remove from the oven and use a spatula to scoop them out and onto plates. Season with salt and pepper and serve while they’re still warm.
This recipe is easy and kids love it! I spread seed butter onto the little pieces for my daughter to eat (you can also use jam or peanut butter)… she basically ate all of them.
It’s amazing how turning food into a shape will make your kids eat all of it. Enjoy friends! -Andi
- 1.5 Tbsp butter
- 4 slices of bread
- 4 large eggs
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Butter both sides of the bread. Use a cookie cutter or glass to cut a hole in the center of the bread slice. Place on the baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and flip each piece over. Crack an egg into a bowl and then pour it into the center of the bread. Place back in the oven and bake for an additional 10-12 minutes. (Check around 8 minutes to see how eggs are cooking. You want them to be white and not transparent.)
- Using a spatula, scoop onto plates and serve with your favorite toppings such as salsa, avocado, sliced tomatoes, and shredded cheese.
Get more family-friendly recipes at www.andianne.com
Did you enjoy this recipe? Save it to Pinterest!