We love easy recipes that can be prepped ahead of time!
Slow cooker barbecue chicken wings are the perfect main dish for busy weeknights. Chicken wings are coated in a combination of barbecue sauce, ranch dressing and butter. All simmered in a slow cooker to create a yummy chicken recipe.
Easy Chicken Wings Recipe
- It’s a quick dump-and-go style recipe that you can prep in the morning and have ready by dinner.
- Make a big batch and freeze half for future dinners. It’s so easy to prepare – Just, bake, coat, then simmer!
- These chicken wings are first baked in the oven for 20 minutes, then can be cooked on low or high setting in the slow cooker.
- Serve as an appetizer, a side dish for game nights, or as a main dish with rice or quinoa on busy weeknights.
- Making your own barbecue chicken wings costs less and tastes so much better! If you have the Flash Food app (or something similar) you can usually grab chicken wings at half the price!
CHICKEN WINGS: All styles of chicken wings will work, including the whole wing, the flat and drumette (looks like a mini drumstick). I used pre-cut chicken wings in the flat and drumette style.
SAUCE: A combination of barbecue sauce, ranch dressing and butter is used to create a delicious coating for the chicken. It doesn’t matter what brands you choose, but we prefer this barbecue sauce. If you would like your wings to be extra spicy, choose a hot flavored barbecue sauce or add extra hot sauce.
How To Make Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken Wings
These wings are quick to prep.
- Season and bake the chicken wings for 20 minutes.
- Add chicken and other ingredients to the slow cooker according to the full recipe instructions below.
- Cook on low or high until chicken is fully cooked through.
- Serve on top of rice or quinoa. Enjoy!
- Baking the chicken is an important step not to be missed. This will create juicier chicken. It only takes 20 minutes to do and it’s worth it!
- The sauce is made using a combination of barbecue sauce, ranch dressing and melted butter. If you prefer spicier wings, then hot sauce can be added as well.
- I like to cook wings slower on the low setting. This helps them from drying out. This recipe cooks on low for 3-4 hours.
- Cooked chicken should reach 165°F when poked with a meat thermometer.
- Extra sauce from the wings tastes delicious drizzled over rice, pasta or quinoa.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4-5 days. These also freeze well. Just store in an airtight freezer bag or container for up to 3 months. The thawed recipe can be reheated in the microwave.
More Chicken Wings Recipes
- Balsamic Glazed Chicken Wings are incredibly ooey gooey and delicious.
- Baked Parmesan Chicken Wings are crispy and flavorful.
- Lemon Garlic Chicken Wings are like salt and pepper wings with a lemony twist.
- Air Fryer Salt and Pepper Wings are crispy, delicious and made with just oil, salt and pepper.
Did you love this chicken recipe? Be sure to leave a rating below!
Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken Wings
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spread the chicken wings into a single layer. Season with salt and pepper, bake for 20 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl. Stir with barbecue sauce and ranch dressing.
- Add the pre-baked chicken wings to the slow cooker. Pour the sauce on top and mix together.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours or high for 1-2 hours, or until chicken is fully cooked through and reaches 165°F with a meat thermometer.
- Add into a serving bowl, serve with rice or quinoa, Enjoy!