*This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
Want a healthy soup that is low carb and high in protein? This slow cooker chicken taco soup is full to the brim with vegetables and legumes. It’s fast to make – so perfect for busy weekdays – and very filling.
Everybody needs a chicken taco soup recipe in their lives – and in my opinion, this one is it. The whole recipe is made in two easy steps – first, you’ll add all ingredients to your slow cooker (I have this one) for 4-6 hours, then remove the chicken, shred it with a fork and add it back to the soup. That’s it!
I love to add fresh toppings like avocado, plain greek yogurt, grated cheese, crushed tortilla chips, and green onions. It’s sooo yummy and the perfect meal for you and your family to enjoy as you go on your health journey.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp olive oil
- sea salt and ground pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 cups canned lentils, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-oz) canned diced tomatoes
- 1 cup of corn
- 7 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Place uncooked chicken breasts in the slow cooker. Top with olive oil, sea salt and ground pepper, garlic, onion, lentils, black beans, diced tomatoes, corn, and chicken broth.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken and shred with a fork. Add chicken back to slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Serve in a bowl with optional toppings, including, green onions, plain greek yogurt, grated cheese, avocado, crushed tortilla chips
OPTIONAL TOPPINGS: Plain greek yogurt, grated cheese, avocado, crushed tortilla chips, green onions
See more family-friendly recipes on our website: www.andianne.com
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 290Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 1246mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 12gSugar: 5gProtein: 27g
Please note: This nutrition information is only an estimate and was created using Nutritionix