Everything bagel chicken breasts are a delicious and easy healthy dinner. These chicken breasts are loaded with flavor – all thanks to everything bagel seasoning and a greek yogurt dressing. This recipe can be served on its own or paired with rice, pasta, and roasted veggies.
Everything Bagel Chicken Breasts
Time for another easy chicken dinner recipe! (I’m sharing a lot of these lately). Nothing beats an easy weeknight dinner without a ton of fuss.
This recipe kicks your chicken breasts up to the next level. It’s full of flavor and it’s super easy too! What’s not to love? First the chicken is coated with everything bagel seasoning and baked for 30 minutes. Then a delicious greek yogurt sauce is made for even more flavor. This chicken needs a sauce – and this sauce is the perfect partner. Serve this recipe on a bed of rice with a side of veggies and you’ve got yourself a delicious healthy meal.
What Is Everything Bagel Seasoning?
This is a mixture of spices that has become quite popular. This spice mix contains poppy seeds, toasted sesame seeds, dried garlic, dried onion, and salt. It’s totally delicious and was originally used as a bagel seasoning, but can also be used on a variety of recipes including this chicken breast!
If everything bagel seasoning is new to you, look for it in the spice section of the grocery store (I found mine at Costco). If you’re unable to find it locally, you can also purchase it online.
Everything Bagel Chicken Breasts Ingredients
Here are the delicious healthy ingredients you’ll need to make this chicken dish:
- Chicken Breasts – This recipe uses four boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- Everything Bagel Seasoning – This is the star of this recipe! You can find everything bagel seasoning at most grocery stores these days, or you can purchase it here.
- Greek Yogurt – Plain greek yogurt is used for the sauce. I prefer to use greek yogurt over regular yogurt because it’s thicker which gives a better dressing consistency.
- Green Onion – You’ll need 1/4 cup of chopped green onions for the dressing.
- Lemon Juice – You can use juice from a freshly squeezed lemon or store-bought lemon juice. I like to buy organic lemon juice and store it in the fridge for my recipes as it tends to be more cost-effective than buying fresh lemons.
- Spices – You’ll also need garlic powder, salt and ground pepper.
How To Make Everything Bagel Chicken Breasts
This recipe couldn’t be easier to make. Everything comes together in two simple steps.
- Bake The Chicken – First, coat the chicken with cooking oil (I used melted coconut oil) then use 1/4 cup of everything bagel seasoning and sprinkle over each side of the chicken. Bake at 400°F for 30-35 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool 5 minutes then use tongs to place on a serving dish.
- Prep The Greek Yogurt Sauce – In a bowl combine the plain greek yogurt, chopped green onion, lemon juice, bagel seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a bowl. Mix everything together. Drizzle the yogurt sauce overtop of the chicken breasts and serve!
What To Serve Chicken Breasts With
Everything bagel chicken breasts go well with salads, pasta, rice and roasted veggies. Here’s a few recipe ideas:
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts – these are easy to make and create delicious crispy results.
- Crispy Air Fryer Potatoes – crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. They’re made with less oil and less time.
- Asparagus Tomato Feta Salad – it’s so simple to put together and can be made in less than 10 minutes.
- Kale Caesar Salad – this salad is gooood. If you like classic caesar salads then I think you’ll enjoy this one.
More Chicken Recipes To Try
Want more chicken inspiration? Here’s some great recipes to save for later:
- Bruschetta Chicken – totally delicious and the perfect healthy dinner idea. These chicken breasts are loaded with flavor.
- Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks – one of the easiest ways to cook chicken. They come out crispy on the outside and tender on the inside and are totally delicious.
- Chicken Olive Pasta Bake – an easy casserole dish to put together when you’ve got a hungry family.
- Mozzarella Chicken In Tomato Sauce – a simple easy dish that is perfect for busy weeknights.
- Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup – Want a healthy soup that is low carb and high in protein? This soup is full to the brim with vegetables and legumes.
Everything Bagel Chicken Breasts
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Add raw chicken breasts to a baking dish. Drizzle half of cooking oil and sprinkle half of the everything bagel seasoning overtop of the four chicken breasts. Flip each chicken breast over and drizzle last half of cooking oil and last half of everything bagel seasoning.
- Bake the chicken for 30-35 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, juices run clear and reaches an internal temperature of 165°F when poked in the center with a meat thermometer.
- To make the yogurt sauce, combine plain greek yogurt, chopped green onion, lemon juice, bagel seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a bowl. Mix everything together.
- Drizzle yogurt sauce overtop of chicken breasts and serve.