Bruschetta chicken is totally delicious and the perfect healthy dinner idea. These chicken breasts are loaded with flavor. This recipe can easily be eaten on its own or paired with rice, quinoa or fresh pasta.
This recipe also makes a great meal prep for lunches!
You can batch prep them on Sunday and eat for lunches throughout the week. Just reheat in the microwave for 1-2 minutes for a delicious healthy lunch that’s high in protein and loaded with veggie goodness.
My husband called this recipe “fancy restaurant chicken you usually pay a lot of money for.” It made me laugh because it really isn’t too complicated to make. I agree with him though, I loved this recipe so much that we’ll definitely be adding it to the regular dinner rotation.
Chicken breasts tend to be the most expensive type of chicken at the grocery store. I like to look for sales and stock up then and freeze in batches of four to help save money.
Chicken breasts on their own can sometimes feel a bit boring. But when you pair them with all of these fresh ingredients you’ll think they’re anything but. This recipe really is that good!
Bruschetta Chicken Ingredients
CHICKEN BREASTS – This recipe uses three large chicken breasts, but you could easily use the same recipe with four chicken breasts. You may need to cook a bit longer.
CHICKEN MARINADE – To add flavor to the chicken, a balsamic sauce is created using olive oil, balsamic vinegar, minced garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
MOZZARELLA CHEESE – I used a mozzarella ball sliced thin. You can also use 3/4 cup of shredded mozzarella.
BRUSCHETTA – The bruschetta mixture is full of flavor and really makes this recipe so delicious. It’s made using fresh ingredients: chopped tomatoes, minced red onion, minced garlic cloves, fresh basil, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
How To Make Bruschetta Chicken
- BAKE THE CHICKEN – Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Pour the chicken marinade overtop and bake at 425F for 25-35 minutes.
- PREP BRUSCHETTA – While chicken is baking, prep the bruschetta. Add the ingredients to a medium bowl: the chopped fresh tomatoes, minced red onion, garlic, fresh basil, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
- ADD MOZZARELLA AND BRUSCHETTA – In the last 10 minutes of baking, pull the chicken out and spread mozzarella cheese on top of each chicken breast. Pour the bruschetta mixture around the chicken breasts and add back to the oven. Bake another 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
How Do You Know When Chicken Breasts Are Cooked?
You want to bake until the chicken juices run clear and there is no more pink in the center of the chicken.
According to the USDA recommended cooking temperatures, the safest internal temperature for cooking all types of poultry products to is 165°F. This is the interior temperature that the meat will read at once removed from the oven. You can use a food thermometer, which will be poked into the thickest part of the meat to read the temperature.
More Healthy Dinner Recipes:
- Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks – so easy and perfect for busy weeknights.
- Six Easy Healthy Salmon Marinades – six different flavors to try plus cooking instructions.
- Chicken Olive Pasta Bake – An easy casserole dish to put together when you’ve got a hungry family.
- Dijon Thyme Baked Chicken – delicious and simple. Pair it with rice and roasted veggies.
- Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet – this one’s a family favorite.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Add chicken to a baking dish and season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix together a sauce for the chicken: olive oil, balsamic vinegar, minced garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken breasts. Place in the oven and bake for 35 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, in a medium bowl mix together the bruschetta ingredients: chopped tomatoes, minced garlic, minced red onion, basil leaves, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In the last 10 minutes, pause the oven timer and take out the chicken. Add sliced mozzarella cheese on top of each chicken breast.
- Pour the bruschetta mixture into the baking dish. Place back in the oven and bake for remaining 10 minutes. Cook chicken until it's no longer pink on the inside and chicken reaches 165°F as an internal temperature when poked with a meat thermometer.
- Remove from oven and scoop on to serving dishes. This recipe can be eaten on its own or served with rice, quinoa, or pasta.
The nutritional information provided is an estimate and is per serving.