Kale Caesar Salad with crispy homemade croutons and caesar dressing is so delicious! Easy to make and homemade. Perfect recipe for lunch or dinner.
The first time I made this recipe I loved it so much that I ate the whole bowl! Not joking, I ate it all myself. Then I craved it for the next two weeks so I made more batches over and over.
Guys, this salad is gooood. If you like classic caesar salads then I think you’ll enjoy this one.
This homemade version is totally doable – even for the beginner cook. Plus I’m adding extra greens to the salad to load up on even more healthy ingredients.
Kale Caesar Salad Ingredients:
A kale caesar salad is just like the classic recipe many of us have had at restaurants, but with healthier ingredients and added kale.
Here’s what you’ll need to prep your salad at home:
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- 4-5 kale leaves – de-stemmed
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese – this gives soo much flavor to the salad.
- Homemade croutons – these are the easiest croutons you’ll ever make.
- Caesar salad dressing – my homemade recipe below is easy to make and healthier than the store-bought versions so I hope you’ll try it!
Caesar Salad Dressing:
To make life easier, I have a salad dressing hack that I use all the time to make new dressings… it’s the mason jar.
Instead of mixing everything in a bowl and then adding to a jar, I dump all the ingredients straight into the jar. Then I seal up the lid and shake it up really well.
The salad dressing is now ready to pour or be stored in the fridge for later. And no extra dirty dishes to wash.
I’m a big fan of this method for making croutons. I also used it to make butterfly croutons for my tomato soup recipe.
Here’s the super easy method I like to use:
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Add 2 or 3 slices of bread to a baking sheet and drizzle them with olive oil, and Italian seasoning.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until crunchy.
- Slice into small squares to create the croutons.
More Healthy Salad Recipes To Try:
Kale Caesar Salad
- 4 cups fresh kale - chopped
- 4 cups romaine lettuce - chopped
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Make the croutons: Preheat the oven to 375°F. Add 2 or 3 slices of bread to a baking sheet and drizzle them with olive oil, and Italian seasoning. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until crunchy. Slice into small squares and set aside.
- Make the dressing: Add greek yogurt, lemon juice, milk, parmesan cheese, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, dijon mustard, sea salt and pepper to a mason jar. Seal with a lid and shake it up. Set aside.
- Assemble the salad: In a large bowl, add the kale and massage by scrunching between your fingers for 1 – 2 minutes. This helps to break down the kale and make it easier to eat. Add in the romaine lettuce, croutons, and parmesan cheese and toss together. Drizzle the caesar dressing over top and mix everything together. Serve and enjoy
The nutritional information provided is an estimate and is per serving.