*This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
Air fryer potatoes are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. They’re made with less oil and less time. Air fryer potatoes come out perfect everytime!
Air fryer potatoes are one of the easiest side dishes you can make for your dinner. Just chop them up, toss with dried herbs and olive oil, then air fry… they’ll come out crunchy and sooo delicious.
Air fryers are pretty incredible. They make your food extra crispy, you’re using only a small amount of oil, and it’s way healthier than the traditional frying in oil (plus way less mess).
I have the Ninja Foodi Deluxe – it’s an all-in-one that allows me to use it as an air fryer, instant pot, and slow cooker. It’s big enough that I can cook an entire meal in it, and it’s basically my favorite tool in the kitchen.
What I love about these air fryer potatoes is that they’re so easy to put together and totally no fuss. I like to buy a bag of 1.5 lb small potatoes, chop them into quarters and toss with olive oil, herbs, and salt and pepper. Getting crispy potatoes in an air fryer is almost fool-proof once you get the hang of it.
POTATOES – I used small red potatoes, but any kind of potato or sweet potato will work. I recommend chopping into bite-size pieces for more even cooking.
OLIVE OIL – I used olive oil for this recipe, but you could also use coconut oil, avocado oil or any cooking oil you have already at home.
SPICES – These five herbs and spices will give your potatoes a delicious flavor: dried rosemary, dried thyme, dried parsley, garlic powder, onion powder.
How To Make Air Fryer Potatoes
Crispy potatoes are so easy to make in the air fryer. Everything including prep time and cook time is all done in about 25 minutes.
- Wash and chop the small red potatoes in to quarters or bite-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, mix cooking oil, spices, and dried herbs. Add the potatoes on top and toss in the seasoning until fully coated.
- Lightly coat the air fryer with cooking spray or olive oil on a paper towel.
- Preheat the air fryer for two minutes at 400°F. Add in the potato mixture and cook for 15 minutes, then toss mixture around. Cook for another 10 minutes, keeping an eye on them in the last 1-2 minutes.
Tips For Perfect Crispy Air Fryer Potatoes
- Preheat your air fryer first. This will give you the best crispy potatoes.
- Pat your potatoes after washing to remove any excess moisture.
- Always toss halfway through cooking to get even crispiness.
- Every air fryer is different, always read through your manual first before starting.
- Check in the last couple of minutes to make sure they’re not overcooking. Every air fryer is different so it might take a little bit of practice getting used to your temperature and how it works.
Air Fryer Potatoes
- Wash and slice the potatoes into quarters. No need to peel.
- In a large bowl combine seasonings: Olive oil, dried rosemary, dried thyme, dried parsely, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Add chopped potatoes to the bowl and toss together with the seasoning mixture until fully coated.
- Preheat the air fryer at 400°F for 2 minutes.
- Lightly coat the inside of the air fryer tray or basket with olive oil or cooking spray. Add the potatoes and cook for 15 minutes, then give a quick toss.
- Cook an additional 10 minutes, or until they're golden brown and crispy on the outside.