Balsamic rosemary beets are sweet tasting and delicious. First, the beets are tossed with a balsamic rosemary marinade. Then they’re roasted in the oven for about an hour. The result is a simple side dish full of flavor. Pair this with chicken, turkey, or steak.
Roasted Balsamic Rosemary Beets
This is an easy side dish with simple ingredients. We had this with honey garlic salmon, but you could serve it with anything really. Recipes like this also pair wonderfully with Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners.
I love cooking root vegetables because they’re fast to prep, easy to roast and inexpensive at the grocery store.
First, the beets are coated with a simple balsamic rosemary marinade. Then they’re roasted for 50-60 minutes in the oven.
CHEF TIP: To cook the beets even faster, chop them into small bite-size pieces. The smaller the pieces, the faster they will cook. My pieces were a bit larger which took about 60 minutes to bake.
There are three main types of beets: red beets, golden beets (these are a deep yellow color) and striped beets. I found my striped beets at my local farmers market. You can choose two different varieties to create a beautiful presentation.
Roasted Balsamic Rosemary Beets Ingredients
You only need four ingredients to make this recipe:
- Beets – You can use a variety of different types of beets. I used red beets and striped beets. You can also use golden beets (they’re yellow).
- Rosemary – You can use fresh rosemary or dried rosemary.
- Balsamic Vinegar – You’ll need 2 Tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- Avocado Oil – You’ll need 2 Tbsp of avocado oil or other cooking oil.
How To Roast Beets
This recipe uses a simple marinade to add more flavor to the beets. Here’s how to make it:
- Prep – Peel and slice the beets into small chunks that are the same size.
- Make Marinade – In a small bowl, combine avocado oil, balsamic vinegar, rosemary, salt and pepper. Add the beets to a large bowl along with marinade. Toss together until evenly coated.
- Roast Beets – Add the beets to a baking dish and bake at 400°F for 50-60 minutes.
You can see full instructions in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post. Just keep scrolling.
More Easy Side Dish Recipes
Here are some more healthy side dishes to try:
- Roasted Root Vegetables – Butternut squash, sweet potatoes, rutabaga, turnips and brussels sprouts are baked in the oven, then topped with fresh pomegranate seeds.
- Cinnamon Sweet Potato and Squash – An easy side to pair with any meat dish. Serve it for your holiday feast or just a regular weeknight meal.
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts – These are healthy, crunchy, and kids usually love them (because of the crispy deliciousness).
- Garlic Green Beans With Bacon – So yummy and simple. Everything tastes better with bacon.
Balsamic Rosemary Beets
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Peel and slice the beets into chunks that are the same size. Add to a bowl along with avocado oil (or other cooking oil), balsamic vinegar, and minced rosemary. Season with salt and pepper and toss everything together.Note: The larger the chunks, the longer they will take to cook.
- Pour into a casserole dish and spread out into a single layer.
- Cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Remove foil for the last 15 minutes. Beets are done if soft when poked with a fork. Serve while still warm, and enjoy!
The nutritional information provided is an estimate and is per serving.