*This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
Guys, this week has been HARD with my daughter! She must be going through some kind of growth spurt or something because she is saying no to everything. We had major tantrums throughout the week: at the library, in the parking lot, the grocery store, and at bath time. So needless to say, I’m TIRED. Sometimes this mom gig can be incredibly hard. I know it’s just a phase but I can’t wait until we go somewhere without a major blowout again. So if you’re struggling this week mama, I can relate.
It’s days like these that this crockpot hamburger soup recipe is a lifesaver. I’ll be honest, the last thing I want to do is think about what to make for dinner. So I put this together in the morning, and it was ready for dinnertime. Plus, I ended up freezing a bunch of it for later.
This is a simple soup. It’s easy with not a lot of fuss. It’s a classic that most of us remember from our childhood. And it’s delicious! My husband loves hamburger soup so I thought I’d share my recipe with you guys if you wanted to give it a try as well. This is my healthier version of the classic hamburger soup.
To make the hamburger soup, you’ll first need to cook the extra lean ground beef. In a large skillet on medium-high heat, add a bit of oil and the garlic and the beef. It only takes a few minutes for it to brown on all sides. Once it’s cooked, strain the juices and add the meat to the crockpot.
Now, all you need to do is chop up the veggies and add the rest of the ingredients to the crockpot. Turn it on low, and let it cook for 6-8 hours. That’s it! So easy.
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5 lbs (650 g) extra lean ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 celery sticks, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 can diced tomatoes, strained
- 1-2 Tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1.5 cups tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce or tamari sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cups beef broth
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add oil and garlic and cook ground beef until it begins to brown. Stir and cook on all sides. Strain the excess fat from beef and add it to the slow cooker.
- Add in onion, carrots, celery, corn, peas, diced tomatoes, maple syrup, tomato sauce, soy sauce (or tamari), and season with salt and pepper to slow cooker. Cover with lid and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
See more family-friendly recipes on our website: www.andianne.com
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 200Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 1507mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 5gSugar: 14gProtein: 12g
Please note: This nutrition information is only an estimate and was created using Nutritionix