Ground turkey soup with kale and beans is healthy, hearty and made with lean ground turkey. This soup can be put together fast – you’ll have dinner on the table in about 30 minutes! I made this recipe in my instant pot but you can also cook it on the stove easily – I share instructions for how to do both below.
Ground Turkey Soup
This recipe is delicious! It has the right mix of everything you need. Eat it for lunch or dinner – it’s light and not too heavy. And can easily be a new family favorite.
I love using lean ground turkey in dinner recipes. It’s an easy substitute for lean ground beef when you’re craving something lighter. If you can find ground turkey on sale, I recommend stocking up on it. You can use it to make my ground turkey sweet potato skillet and turkey quinoa chili too!
I made this ground turkey soup in my Ninja Foodi Deluxe – it’s an all-in-one that allows me to use it for pressure cooking, to sear, air fry, slow cook, steam, and even bake food similar to the oven.
The options are truly endless with this tool and it is absolutely my favorite way to save time in the kitchen. If you’re looking for a new instant pot/pressure cooker or an air fryer, I highly recommend checking it out! It’s worth every penny and has saved me so much time on busy nights and getting dinner on the table fast.
Ingredients For Ground Turkey Soup
- Ground Turkey – You’ll need 1 lb of ground turkey for this recipe. I always love to look for sales and stock up because ground turkey is great for adding to soups and skillet meals.
- Kale – You’ll need 6 cups of fresh kale ripped into smaller pieces. Learn how to destem your kale below.
- More Veggies – Onion and carrots are also used for this recipe.
- Navy Beans – One can of navy beans will add extra protein. You can also use cannellini beans, white kidney beans or great northern beans.
- Broth – One carton of chicken broth (about 5 cups) will be the soup base.
- Crushed Tomatoes – this is the secret ingredient that takes this recipe to the next level. It’s so simple but adds a lot of flavor.
- Seasonings – To season this recipe, you’ll need Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Pretty simple!
How To Make Ground Turkey Soup In An Instant Pot
- Turn the pressure cooker to high heat and saute. Add cooking oil, minced garlic and ground turkey to the pot. Break up the ground turkey into chunks as it’s cooking. Sautee until the ground turkey is no longer pink.
- Add all the other ingredients to the pot. Seal and lock the lid. Make sure the vent is properly closed. Turn to pressure cooker setting on high and cook for 10 minutes. It may take a few minutes for the pot to pressurize before it begins cooking.
- Once timer is finished, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes, then carefully release the pressure using a long wooden spoon so that your hand isn’t near the steam. Let the steam release fully before opening the lid. Stir the soup then scoop into bowls for serving.
How To Cook Ground Turkey Soup On The Stove
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, add cooking oil and minced garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes then add the ground turkey and cook until no longer pink. Break up the turkey with a wooden spoon into smaller pieces while it’s cooking.
- Add all the other ingredients to the pot. Bring to a boil then reduce to let simmer for 15-20 minutes or until carrots and kale have softened. Remove from heat and scoop into bowls to serve.
How To De-Stem Kale
Kale has a thick hearty stem that is hard to eat. It’s easy to remove the leafy greens from the stem. Fold the kale leaves in half with the stem at the center and pull the leaves off. See how to do it easily here. You’ll want to rip the kale into smaller bite-size pieces before adding it to the pot.
More Easy Dinner Recipes
Easy Skillet Lasagna – takes less time to make than traditional lasagna and the results are just as delicious.
Tuna Noodle Casserole – I take the traditional recipe and turns it into a healthier version
Sheet Pan Fajitas – these are so easy, healthy, and can be ready for dinner in 30 minutes.
Bruschetta Chicken – the perfect low-carb healthy dinner.
Ground Turkey Soup with Kale and Beans (Instant Pot)
- Turn the pressure cooker to saute and high heat. Add 1 Tbsp cooking oil and minced garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Add in the ground turkey and cook until no longer pink. Break turkey into small pieces with a wooden spoon while it's cooking.
- Add all other ingredients to the pressure cooker: kale, onion, carrots, broth, navy beans, crushed tomatoes, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Give everything a quick stir.
- Seal and lock the pressure cooker lid.
- Make sure the vent is properly closed.
- Turn on the pressure cooker setting to high and 10 minutes. Press start. The pressure cooker may take a few minutes to pressurize before beginning the cooking process.
- Once timer is complete, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes. Then carefully use a wooden spoon to release the pressure valve (so that you're hand is not near the steam). Let the steam fully release, then open the lid. The soup is ready to dish up and serve.
- This soup can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week. It can also be frozen for up to 2 months.
Please note these nutritional values provided above are just an estimate. Actual numbers will vary based on brands and ingredients you choose, and your preferred portion sizes.