Shrimp with Cannellini Beans
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
This shrimp one-pot dinner is an easy weeknight meal that takes less than 30 minutes. It’s made with shrimp, cannellini beans, onion and spinach – all topped with feta cheese. It’s a delicious meal without a lot of fuss.
Easy One-Pot Dinner
One-pot meals are a lifesaver! No really. This shrimp, spinach, and bean dinner is sooo easy to make – everything is cooked in one pot (or frying pan) making it an easy meal for the whole family to enjoy.
It’s piled with flavorful ingredients – all of which are no fuss. You can use frozen cooked peeled shrimp with tail on or off, canned cannellini beans, and canned diced tomatoes.
You’re looking at a flavorful dish with:
- SHRIMP: You’ll need 1 lb of frozen shrimp. It can be cooked or uncooked, preferably peeled with tail on or tail off.
- BEANS: These are also known as white kidney beans. Chickpeas, regular kidney beans or lentils would also work great.
- VEGGIES: This recipe uses yellow onion, garlic, canned diced tomatoes and spinach.
- FETA: The feta cheese adds wonderful flavor. You could also use grated mozzarella.
- SPICES: For this recipe you’ll need Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
How To Make Shrimp with Cannellini Beans
I love one-pot meals because they’re less fussy. The most work you’ll be doing here is slicing up the onion.
- Cook The Shrimp – Add the shrimp to a large pot or frying pan with a bit of cooking oil. Cook 2 minutes on each side (cooked shrimp will be pink in color).
- Sautee Onions and Garlic – Sautee the garlic and onion with a bit of cooking oil. Cook until onions turn translucent, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add Beans, Tomatoes and Spinach – Add in the white kidney beans and diced tomatoes. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occassionally. Stir in the spinach and cook 1-2 minutes, or until wilted.
- Add The Shrimp and Sprinkle with Feta – Add the shrimp and cook until heated through and top with feta cheese.
More Easy Recipes
- Low Carb Pizza Chicken – Baked in a delicious pizza sauce and topped with turkey pepperoni slices and mozzarella cheese.
- Lemon Herb Baked Cod With Tomatoes – Cod fillets are marinated in a lemon herb sauce and then roasted along with tomatoes and lemon wedges.
- Mushroom Kale Pasta – Made with just 4 simple ingredients. This pasta is healthy and delicious.
- Chickpea Zucchini Stir Fry Wraps – These wraps are great for a fast weeknight dinner idea.
- Pineapple Chicken Sheet Pan – Speckled with colorful bursts of vegetables like carrots, tomatoes, and green beans. It’s a delicious meal, all cooked together on one sheet pan.
Shrimp with Cannellini Beans
- 1 lb frozen shrimp - (cooked or uncooked) peeled with tail on or tail off
- 3 garlic cloves - minced
- 1 yellow onion - diced
- 2 cans cannellini beans (white kidney beans) - drained and rinsed
- 1 cup diced tomatoes - drained
- 1½ Tbsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- ½ cup feta cheese
- Add the shrimp to a large pot or frying pan with a bit of cooking oil. Cook 2 minutes on each side. Cooked shrimp will be pink in color.
- Add the cooked shrimp to a bowl and set aside.
- In the pot or frying pan over medium high heat, sauté the garlic and onion with a bit of cooking oil. Cook until onions turn translucent, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the white kidney beans and diced tomatoes. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occassionally.
- Stir in the spinach and cook 1-2 minutes, or until wilted.
- Add the shrimp and cook until heated through.
- Top with feta cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Scoop on to dishes and serve.