This shrimp one-pot dinner is an easy weeknight meal that takes less than 30 minutes. It’s made with shrimp, cannellini beans, onion and spinach – all topped with feta cheese. It’s a delicious meal without a lot of fuss.
Easy Shrimp One Pot Dinner
One-pot meals are a lifesaver! No really. This shrimp, spinach, and bean dinner is sooo easy to make – everything is cooked in one pot (or frying pan) making it an easy meal for the whole family to enjoy.
It’s piled with flavorful ingredients – all of which are no fuss. You can use frozen cooked peeled shrimp with tail on or off, canned cannellini beans, and canned diced tomatoes.
Shrimp One Pot Dinner Ingredients
You’re looking at a flavorful dish with:
- Shrimp – You’ll need 1 lb of frozen shrimp. It can be cooked or uncooked, preferably peeled with tail on or tail off.
- Cannellini Beans – These are also known as white kidney beans. Chickpeas, regular kidney beans or lentils would also work great.
- Vegetables – This recipe uses yellow onion, garlic, canned diced tomatoes and spinach.
- Feta Cheese – The feta cheese adds wonderful flavor. You could also use grated mozzarella.
- Spices – For this recipe you’ll need Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
Shrimp One Pot Dinner Instructions
I love one-pot meals because they’re less fussy. The most work you’ll be doing here is slicing up the onion.
- Cook The Shrimp – Add the shrimp to a large pot or frying pan with a bit of cooking oil. Cook 2 minutes on each side (cooked shrimp will be pink in color).
- Sautee Onions and Garlic – Sautee the garlic and onion with a bit of cooking oil. Cook until onions turn translucent, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add Beans, Tomatoes and Spinach – Add in the white kidney beans and diced tomatoes. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occassionally. Stir in the spinach and cook 1-2 minutes, or until wilted.
- Add The Shrimp and Sprinkle with Feta – Add the shrimp and cook until heated through and top with feta cheese.
More Easy 30-Minute Dinner Recipes
- Low Carb Pizza Chicken – Baked in a delicious pizza sauce and topped with turkey pepperoni slices and mozzarella cheese.
- Lemon Herb Baked Cod With Tomatoes – Cod fillets are marinated in a lemon herb sauce and then roasted along with tomatoes and lemon wedges.
- Mushroom Kale Pasta – Made with just 4 simple ingredients. This pasta is healthy and delicious.
- Chickpea Zucchini Stir Fry Wraps – These wraps are great for a fast weeknight dinner idea.
- Pineapple Chicken Sheet Pan – Speckled with colorful bursts of vegetables like carrots, tomatoes, and green beans. It’s a delicious meal, all cooked together on one sheet pan.
Easy One Pot Shrimp Dinner
- 1 lb frozen shrimp - (cooked or uncooked) peeled with tail on or tail off
- 3 garlic cloves - minced
- 1 yellow onion - diced
- 2 cans cannellini beans (white kidney beans) - drained and rinsed
- 1 cup diced tomatoes - drained
- 1½ Tbsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- ½ cup feta cheese
- Add the shrimp to a large pot or frying pan with a bit of cooking oil. Cook 2 minutes on each side. Cooked shrimp will be pink in color.
- Add the cooked shrimp to a bowl and set aside.
- In the pot or frying pan over medium high heat, sauté the garlic and onion with a bit of cooking oil. Cook until onions turn translucent, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the white kidney beans and diced tomatoes. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occassionally.
- Stir in the spinach and cook 1-2 minutes, or until wilted.
- Add the shrimp and cook until heated through.
- Top with feta cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Scoop on to dishes and serve.
Nutrition Info Note: The actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes and the size and number of what you make. The nutritional values provided above are just an estimate. Actual numbers will vary based on brands you choose and the ingredients you use.
If you’re looking for more specific details (for example, to track your macros) then I recommend adding specific brand ingredients and this recipe to a food tracker app on your phone.