No bake bird’s nest cookies are healthy, delicious and made with only five ingredients. This recipe uses shredded coconut, cacao powder, coconut oil, maple syrup and yogurt covered raisins. Everything can be put together in less than 10 minutes. Kids will love this delicious treat. Perfect for Spring and Easter!
No Bake Bird’s Nest Cookies
If you’ve ever searched for bird’s nest cookie recipes online, you’d notice a lot are made with shredded wheat or dried noodles and then covered with chocolate. Well, I wanted to make a healthier version that tastes just as good (if not better, in my opinion) and is providing you with nourishing ingredients. That way you can enjoy as many as you’d like!
I love making these treats for my daughter. They’re always a hit. And when it comes to recipes that I’m making for my own family, the simpler the better. Not only that, they’re the perfect Spring theme. I mean, can you get any cuter than mini bird’s nests!? I just love them.
No Bake Bird’s Nest Cookie Ingredients
These no bake bird’s nest cookies are so simple and made with just five ingredients.
SHREDDED COCONUT – To give these cookies that rustic bird’s nest look, I’m using unsweetened shredded coconut. This is a wonderful ingredient to use in your recipes as it’s healthy and inexpensive.
CACAO POWDER – Cacao powder is healthier than cocoa powder. Yes, they look the same but they’re actually not. Cacao powder is high in flavonoids which have been shown to help improve blood flow and decrease insulin sensitivity.
COCONUT OIL – Coconut oil is a great source of healthy fats. Choose a neutral flavor coconut oil.
MAPLE SYRUP – Maple syrup will sweeten the bird’s nests and also help them to stick together. You can also use honey if that’s what you have in your pantry.
Bird’s Nest Cookie Directions
- MIX INGREDIENTS: Add shredded coconut and cacao powder to a large bowl. Melt coconut oil in the microwave. Add maple syrup and melted coconut oil to the bowl and mix everything together.
- MAKE BIRD’S NESTS: Add 3 Tbsp of the bird’s nest mixture to silicone cupcake liners. Press down firmly. Create a well in the center using a butter knife.
- FREEZE: Place the muffin pan with bird’s nests in the freezer for 30 minutes to chill and harden.
- ASSEMBLE: Remove from freezer. Pop each bird’s nest out of the cupcake liner. Add 5 yogurt covered raisins to the center of each and serve.
FLOWER SHAPED SILICONE CUPS: I get a lot of questions about the pink and yellow flower silicone muffin cups that I used. You can find them on Amazon Here.
Storing No Bake Bird’s Nest Cookies
These cookies need to be kept cold because they are no-bake and rely on chilled coconut oil to keep them together. You can keep these in the fridge or freezer in an airtight container.
More Healthy Chocolate Treats You Should Try:
- Chocolate Puffed Rice Squares – healthy and made with just 5 ingredients.
- Chocolate Avocado Mousse – so creamy and chocolatey. You’ll love this recipe.
- Chocolate Quinoa Bliss Balls – high in protein and such a delicious treat.
- Chickpea Flour Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips – high in protein and gluten free. I love this modern take on classic banana bread.
No Bake Birds Nest Cookies
- Add shredded coconut and cacao powder to a bowl.
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave for 20-30 seconds.
- Add the coconut oil and maple syrup (or honey) to the bowl and mix everything together.
- Add 3 Tbsp of the bird's nest mixture to each muffin cup. Press down firmly. Create a well in the center using a butter knife. Place in the freezer to chill and harden for 30 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and pop each bird's nest out of the cupcake liner.
- Top with 5-6 yogurt covered raisins. Serve immediately or store in the fridge or freezer in an airtight container.
- These cookies need to be kept cold because they are no-bake and rely on chilled coconut oil to keep them together. You can keep these in the fridge or freezer in an airtight container.