*This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
Chocolate avocado mousse is a smooth and creamy dessert. This healthy, dairy-free dessert is a chocolate lovers dream.
If you’ve tried any of my baking recipes before you know that I love chocolate! From the chocolate quinoa energy balls to the double chocolate beet brownies, I’m always trying to make sweet treats with a healthy twist.
You can top the chocolate avocado mousse with my whipped coconut cream recipe and fresh berries, and you’ve got a decadent dessert that anyone will love!
CHOCOLATE AVOCADO MOUSSE INGREDIENTS
Traditional mousse is loaded with sugar and not-so-good ingredients. But the recipe I’m about to show you is full of healthy fats and uses a bit of maple syrup. It’s rich, chocolatey and oh so creamy. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Avocados – 2 ripe avocados
- Coconut milk – 1/4 cup
- Cocoa powder – 2 Tbsp
- Maple syrup – 1-2 Tbsp depending on how sweet you want it
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE AVOCADO MOUSSE
It’s probably one of the easiest desserts you’ll ever make. And you don’t even have to feel guilty eating it because it’s healthy! Here’s how to make it:
- Add all the ingredients, including avocados, coconut milk, cocoa powder and maple syrup to a food processor. Turn on low and let it mix for 1-2 minutes. Stop occasionally to scoop down the sides with a spatula.
You can also use a blender to create this recipe using the same method.
- 2 small ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1-2 Tbsp maple syrup
- Add avocados, cocoa powder, coconut milk, and maple syrup to a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides. Scoop into bowls and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Top with fresh fruit and a dollop of homemade coconut whipping cream. Enjoy!
See more family-friendly recipes on our website: www.andianne.com
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 450Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 20mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 14gSugar: 13gProtein: 6g
Please note: This nutrition information is only an estimate as was created using Nutritionix