Looking for an easy cookie recipe? Red velvet cake mix cookies are made with a box of red velvet cake mix, butter, eggs, vanilla, red food coloring and white chocolate chips. Only six ingredients required!
This is an easy dump-and-bake cookie recipe that can be ready in under 20 minutes with minimal effort required. They’re great for valentine’s day, picnics, potlucks, bake sales or afterschool snacks.
Easy Red Velvet Cookie Recipe
- A box of cake mix makes life easier with a few simple ingredients needed.
- All ingredients are made in one bowl for a quick dump-and-bake recipe.
- You’ll get a soft and chewy texture that only takes 20 minutes.
- This recipe is great for beginner bakers or anyone that doesn’t want a lot of fuss. It’s one of the easiest cookies for kids to make too!
- The red velvet cake mix cost me $3 and all other ingredients cost another $3, making these cookies a really affordable treat. (prices will vary slightly depending on where you live).
RED VELVET CAKE MIX: Any brand of red velvet cake mix found at your local grocery store will work for this recip.
COOKIE DOUGH: A combination of melted butter, eggs, and vanilla extract are mixed in with the cake mix.
RED FOOD COLORING: A small amount of food coloring will create a deeper shade of red color. This step is optional and can be made without it.
WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIPS: Pops of white chocolate add a creamy flavor with hints of vanilla. Ghiradelli brand is our favorite. Feel free to swap with dark chocolate chips.
Kitchen Equipment Used
- Large Baking Sheet: I love my Nordic Ware large baking sheet. It allows me to bake more cookies at once!
- Parchment Paper: Placed on the baking sheet for easier cleanup. I love to use this unbleached biodegradable parchment paper. You can also use silicone mats.
- Cookie Scoop: The best and easiest way to drop cookie dough onto a baking sheet.
- Hand Mixer: An electric hand mixer is used to mix the dough.
- Cooling Wire Rack: Perfect for cooling the cookies after baking (can also be used as a baking rack in the oven).
How To Make Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies
- Add the cake mix, butter, eggs, vanilla extract, and red food coloring to a large bowl. Mix together with an electric mixer.
- Fold the chocolate chips into the batter according to the full recipe card instructions below.
- Use a cookie scoop to drop the cookie dough balls onto a cookie sheet. Bake then let sit for 10 minutes before transferring to a rack.
Leftover cookies can be stored in an airtight container on the counter or fridge for up to one week. These cookies also freeze well up to 3 months.
More Cookie Recipes
- Mini M&Ms Cookies are rolled in mini M&Ms… perfect for kids!
- White Chocolate Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies are the perfect combination of sweet and tart.
- Soft Applesauce Spice Cookies is a classic recipe that smells incredible while baking in the oven.
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are easy and delicious.
- Easiest Cracker Candy are a homemade candy recipe with no candy thermometer required.
Did you love this cake mix cookie recipe? Be sure to leave a rating below!
Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, melted butter, eggs, vanilla extract, and food coloring. Note: Let melted butter sit at room temp for 1 minute to cool down, then add to ingredients.
- Use an electric hand mixer to mix ingredients together. You can also mix by hand.
- Add in the white chocolate chips.
- Mix them in to the cookie dough.
- Use a cookie scoop or spoon to drop tablespoons of dough onto a baking sheet. Leave 2" in between each one.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet another 10 minutes.
- Use a spatula to gently add to rack to a cooling rack.