Nut Butter Oat Brownies are gluten-free and made with an easy homemade oat flour recipe.
These brownies are a healthier alternative to regular brownies, but still have the same great taste you’d expect.
The nut butter adds a delicious taste and makes these brownies extra chewy.
What Is Oat Flour?
Oat flour is a healthier alternative to refined flours (like white, and whole wheat flour). And it’s cheap, especially if you make your own. I have a full tutorial showing you how to make homemade flour here. Trust me, it’s so easy you’ll never buy store-bought oat flour again!
How To Make Nut Butter Oat Brownies
I made the entire brownie mixture in my food processor. First, I added the oat flour, then all other ingredients and mixed on low until everything came together. I love my food processor because it makes recipes like this so easy.
The batter will be a little thicker and more dense than you’re used to. Just use a spatula to scoop it out and smooth it evenly onto your pan.
- Grease a square pan and preheat the oven to 350F.
- Mix dry ingredients together: Oat flour, cacao powder, and salt.
- Mix wet ingredients together: Beat egg, add maple syrup, nut butter. Stir into the dry ingredients. Once mixed fold in the chocolate chips and mix gently.
- Add batter to the square pan and sprinkle extra chocolate chips on top. Bake 25-30 minutes.
More Oat Flour Recipes
- Zucchini Orange Oat Muffins – a great way to use zucchini in your baking. These muffins are moist and have a hint of orange.
- Banana Oatmeal Muffins – one of the most popular muffin recipes on my blog. These are easy to make and a great grab-and-go breakfast idea.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a square baking dish with parchment paper, or spray with non-stick cooking spray (I love avocado oil spray).
- In a medium bowl, add oat flour (learn how to make your own here), cacao powder, and salt. Mix together and set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the egg with a fork, then add in the milk, maple syrup, and nut butter (or seed butter). Mix, then pour into the oat flour. Once everything is mixed together, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Add the brownie batter to the pan and spread evenly using a spatula. Sprinkle a few chocolate chips on top. Place in oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick poked in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, then use a spatula to gently loosen the sides. Cut into squares and serve.