When it comes to S’more Bars, the fewer the ingredients the better. These S’more bars only require four ingredients: Marshmallows, chocolate chips, graham crackers, and butter. Because butter makes everything better.
The result is an incredible, lightly toasted, chocolatey, crunchy sweet treat that is easy to make. If you like this easy recipe then you MUST TRY our popular cracker candy recipe!
Easy Homemade S’more Bars
I like to call these rainy day s’mores for when there’s no campfire or I want to plan ahead with a campfire-style dessert that everyone will like. And it hurts me to say this because I love camping but these s’more bars taste better than campfire s’mores.
Because of the simplicity, this is the kind of dessert recipe that kids love helping out with. Because of how good it tastes it’s the kind of dessert recipe that kids and adults will enjoy. If you like this simple dessert try out our Chocolate Rice Crispy Squares.
S’more Bars Video
I made these s’more bars with my daughter! You can see her hands in the video as we prepare the recipe. Watch my easy tutorial video to see just how easy making s’more bars really is.
Sometimes it’s as easy as four ingredients to reach the sublime, so here they are, but remember the full recipe ingredients are included in the recipe card at the bottom of this blog post.
- GRAHAM CRACKERS – These are the base of the recipe, combined with butter they balance out the sweetness of the chocolate chips and the marshmallows.
- CHOCOLATE CHIPS – These are the sweet and creamy center of the bar that we all crave.
- MARSHMALLOWS – These add a sweet, toasted vanilla flavor and lovely texture when toasted just right.
- BUTTER – Because as I said in the intro, butter makes everything better.
How to make S’more bars
Here’s an overview of how to make the recipe with the full instructions in the recipe card at the bottom of this blog post.
- START THE OVEN –Preheat oven to 350F
- PREP BAKING PAN –line a 9×13 pan with tinfoil and Grease with cooking spray.
- MIX THE BASE – Mix together the graham cracker crumbs and butter.
- PLACE THE BASE – Sprinkle into the baking dish and press firmly on the bottom and up the sides of the pan.
- BAKE THE BASE – Bake the base for 8 minutes.
- LAYER – Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips on top, followed by a layer of marshmallows.
- BAKE –Bake for 20 minutes, until marshmallows turn brown.
- COOL, CUT AND SERVE – Let cool then place in fridge. Cut and serve.
How to store
- REFRIGERATE – Your made-from-home s’more bars will keep well refrigerated in a ziploc bag or airtight container.
- FREEZE – These actually freeze very well, I’ve been sneaking one every other day from their ziploc bag in the freezer. I love the hard crunchy texture when they’re cold.
As simple as they seem there are a few tips to ensure a top-notch result, not to mention a smooth prepping and baking experience.
- PAN SIZE – A pan smaller than 13×9 is okay. If all you have is a larger pan, consider adding 1/2 cup more graham crackers to the crust so you can cover the base. Add more chocolate and marshmallows accordingly.
- CRUST THICKNESS – I like a thin crust but feel free to add 1/2 cup of graham crackers to stack the base a little higher.
- SPREAD CRUST EVENLY – For the crust base, spread it, then press it. Don’t start pressing the crust until it’s spread out evenly. This will save you time. It’s useful to use a rubber spatula, a spoon or lightly floured palms.
- MARSHMALLOW TOP – Keep a tightly packed single layer of small marshmallows on the top. Too thick of a layer will result in an unbalanced gooey mess, unless that’s what you’re looking for.
- LESS SUGAR? – Reduce sugar content by using dark chocolate chips or crushed 70%-90% Cacao chocolate bars.
- GLUTEN FREE? – It’s fairly easy to find gluten-free graham cracker crumbs. We use the Kinnikinnick brand.
This is one of my favorite easy-to-make desserts because of how good it tastes, how inexpensive and simple the ingredients are, and how fun it is to make.
More easy dessert recipes you’ll like:
- No-Bake S’more bars
- The Best Cracker Candy
- Edible Brownie Batter
- Sprinkle Marshmallow Cake Bars
- Baked Pears
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Grease 9×13 pan with cooking spray.
- Mix together the graham crackers and butter.
- Sprinkle into the baking dish and press firmly on bottom and up the sides of the pan.
- Bake 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips on top, followed by marshmallows.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until marshmallows turn brown.
- Let cool then place in fridge.
- Cut and serve