Turmeric ginger carrot soup is creamy, sweet and silky smooth soup. It’s fast and easy and ready in less than 30 minutes.
Easy Carrot Soup Recipe
If you’re looking for an easy, heartwarming soup that’s full of nourishing ingredients, this is it! At first glance, this soup may look a little complicated, but it’s probably one of the easiest soups you’ll ever make.
- This soup is nourishing, creamy and sweet in flavor.
- The ginger in this soup adds the perfect little kick when you’re feeling under the weather during flu season. The sweetness of the carrots pairs perfectly with ginger.
- Carrots add the perfect sweetness to soups including our carrot tomato soup and any root vegetable like this rutabaga carrot soup.
- This great soup is dairy-free, gluten-free, sugar-free and full of fiber.
- Kids love it too! My daughter gobbled it right up and asked for seconds.
- Sprinkle pumpkin seeds on top for extra protein!
- A bag of carrots is healthy and budget-friendly. They can be used in a variety of side dishes including baked buttered carrots, creamy mayonnaise carrots.
Turmeric Ginger Carrot Soup Ingredients
CARROTS: Fresh carrots are the foundation of this soup. They will give it the sweetness and creaminess that you’re really going to love. Because of that, go with good quality farmer’s market carrots if you can. The flavor is worth it!
GINGER: Don’t skip the fresh ginger in this soup. It adds the perfect “zing” that this soup needs. Just a hint of hit will go a long way, but if you love ginger you can always add more!
TURMERIC: Ground turmeric is what will make this soup a delicious golden hue. Turmeric is a wonderful warming spice that has been used for thousands of years in India. It’s the perfect spice to add to soups during the cold wintery months. Turmeric has many health benefits and contains a compound called curcumin which is known to have anti-inflammatory properties, a strong antioxidant and may help to build a strong immune system,.
COCONUT MILK: To add more creaminess, one can of coconut milk is used. This makes the soup dairy-free. However, you could also use about 1 ½ cups of heavy cream in replacement.
How To Make Ginger Carrot Turmeric Soup
This soup is put together in under 30 minutes. For full instructions, scroll to the bottom of this post for the recipe card.
Here’s a quick overview of how the turmeric ginger carrot soup is made:
- Prep Ingredients: Peel and chop 8-10 medium carrots (you’ll need 5 cups worth). Dice the onion, slice the skin off the ginger and mince the garlic.
- Sautee: Add the onion to the pot over medium heat. Cook until it turns translucent, about 1-2 minutes. Next, add in the ginger and garlic and saute another 1-2 minutes.
- Simmer: Add the chopped carrot, broth, coconut milk, turmeric, salt and pepper to the soup pot. Bring to a boil then reduce to let simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until carrots are soft when poked with a fork.
- Puree: Pour smaller batches of the soup into a regular blender with a soup ladle (you can also use a food processor or hand blender)Puree until smooth. Pour into bowls, serve and enjoy!
More Soup Recipes To Try
- Roasted and Pureed Cauliflower Soup is a great detox soup, it’s rich in flavor and loaded with healthy ingredients.
- Healthy Hamburger Soup is the perfect classic soup for busy weeknights.
- Wild Rice Mushroom Soup is a comforting soup recipe.
- Cod, Corn, Potato Chowder is a delicious, creamy soup that is table-ready in under 30 minutes!
Did you love this carrot ginger soup? Be sure to leave a rating below!
Turmeric Ginger Carrot Soup
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil - olive oil, avocado oil, or coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion - diced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh ginger - skin removed
- 2 garlic cloves - minced
- 5 cups carrots, peeled and chopped - about 8-10 carrots
- 2 cups vegetable stock - or chicken broth
- 1 14 oz coconut milk - canned version
- 2 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- Peel and chop the carrots to create 5 cups worth. I used 9 carrots.
- Dice the onion, slice of skin and dice the fresh ginger, and mince the garlic.
- Heat a bit of cooking oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add in the onions and cook 1-2 minutes, until they turn translucent.
- Add the garlic and ginger. Cook another 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the carrots.
- Add in all other ingredients: vegetable broth, coconut milk, turmeric powder, sea salt and ground pepper. Bring to a boil, then let simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until carrots are soft when poked with a fork.
- Divide the soup into three sections and carefully add it into your high-speed blender.
- Puree until smooth (You can also use an immersion blender).
- Pour into bowls and serve.