If you’re looking for an easy, heartwarming soup that’s full of nourishing ingredients, this is…
*This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
Nothing beats the comfort of a bowl of tomato soup. For many of us, we were raised on the canned version. Well, I’m about to convert you to this homemade creamy tomato soup recipe because once you try it you’ll never look back.
I’ll let you in on a little secret – pureed soups are my favorite way to load up on extra servings of vegetables.
This soup is dairy-free, gluten-free, sugar-free and full of fiber. Kids love it too! If you have a picky eater in the house, just omit the toppings or serve them on the side.
Creamy Tomato Soup Health Benefits
CARROTS: Carrots are known to be a good source of fiber, beta carotene, potassium, vitamin K1 and antioxidants (1). Your body converts beta carotene into vitamin A which helps to promote a stronger immune system and better vision (2).
ONION: Onion is a good source of vitamin C and helps to boost immunity and promote heart health.
TOMATOES: Tomatoes are also a great source of vitamin C and a good source of vitamin A and vitamin K. They help to reduce inflammation and promote heart health.
CHICKPEAS: Chickpeas are high in fiber and a good source of protein, iron, magnesium, and phosphorus. They help to promote satiety, weight loss, and blood sugar regulation.
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 15 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
- Optional toppings: roasted chickpeas and hemp seeds
- Heat a large pot over medium heat - add coconut oil and sauté onions for 3 minutes. Add carrots, cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add in garlic, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, maple syrup, coconut milk, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and then turn the heat down to let simmer for 25 minutes.
- Blend soup in 2 batches using an immersion blender or food processor.
- Serve with roasted chickpeas sprinkled on top and season with salt and pepper.
See more family-friendly recipes on our website: www.andianne.com
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 213Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 234mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 5gSugar: 8gProtein: 5g
Please note: This nutrition information is only an estimate and was created using Nutritionix