Air fryer salt and pepper wings are so easy to make at home. They’re crispy, delicious and made with just olive oil, salt and pepper. Kids usually love them because they’re fun to eat! If you like this recipe, then you’ll also love my crispy air fryer potatoes (they’re simple and soo good!).
Air Fryer Salt and Pepper Wings
Salt and pepper wings have always been my favorite pub food. Who doesn’t love these crispy wings – I know I can easily eat a dozen myself (if not more) when I’m out with friends. Well now you can make crispy salt and pepper chicken wings at home using an air fryer!
This recipe will be enjoyed by your whole family. My daughter wanted to eat ALL of the wings herself, so yes, kids love them!
You can serve with a side of raw vegetables like carrots, celery sticks, broccoli and cauliflower. And don’t forget the ranch dip! I have an easy homemade buttermilk ranch dressing recipe that I like to make a big batch of and use as a dipping sauce and on my salads. It’s totally delicious.
My Favorite Air Fryer
If you haven’t purchased an air fryer yet and are just beginning to search all the incredible recipes you can make using an air fryer, then I’d love to share with you my favorite air fryer brand before you make your purchase…
I have the Ninja Foodi Deluxe – it’s an all-in-one that allows me to use it as an air fryer, pressure cooker (aka instant pot), plus it can sear, slow cook, steam, and even bake food!
If you haven’t purchased an air fryer yet, then I highly recommend checking out the Ninja Foodi Deluxe. I love that it replaces multiple tools (air fryer, instant pot, slow cooker etc) in the kitchen which saves space and saves you time.
Salt and Pepper Wings Ingredients
You only need four easy ingredients to make these air fryer salt and pepper wings.
CHICKEN WINGS – Today I’m using chicken drumettes because they were on sale at my grocery store. But you can use chicken wings or a combination of both as well.
SALT AND PEPPER – Don’t skimp on the sea salt and pepper! These chicken wings need to be generously seasoned with salt and pepper to get the right flavor. (I used ½ tsp sea salt and a generous amount of fresh ground pepper to season mine)
How To Make Air Fryer Salt and Pepper Wings
Crispy chicken wings are so easy to make in the air fryer. Everything including prep time and cook time is all done in less than 30 minutes.
- Add the chicken wings to a large bowl. Drizzle olive oil on top and generously season with salt and pepper. Toss the chicken wings so that they’re evenly coated.
- Lightly spray the air fryer with cooking spray. Preheat the air fryer for two minutes at 400°F.
- Add in the chicken wings and cook for 12 minutes, then flip using a pair of tongs. Cook for another 12-15 minutes, keeping an eye on them in the last couple of minutes so that they don’t burn.
Tips For Perfect Air Fryer Salt and Pepper Wings
- Preheat your air fryer first. This will give you the best crispy chicken wings.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel before adding to the bowl. This will remove any excess moisture.
- Always flip chicken halfway through cooking to get an even crispiness.
- Check the chicken in the last couple of minutes to make sure they’re not overcooking. Every air fryer is slightly different for cooking times, so it might take a little bit of practice getting used to your temperature and how it works.
- According to the USDA recommended cooking temperatures, the safest internal temperature for cooking all types of poultry products is 165°F. This is the interior temperature that the meat will read at once removed from the heat source. You can use a food thermometer, which will be poked into the thickest part of the chicken to read the temperature.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts – These are crispy and delicious. They remind me of kale chips and can be served as a side dish or even a snack on it’s own (they’re that good!)
- Air Fryer Salmon – This recipe uses a honey mustard marinade.
- Crispy Air Fryer Potato Wedges – These are delicious and a family favorite.
- Air Fryer Potato Chips – So simpl and healthier than the store-bought version. My daughter really likes these.
Air Fryer Salt and Pepper Wings
- 10-12 chicken wing drumettes - or regular chicken wings
- 2 Tbsp olive oil - or any cookign oil you have
- sea salt and pepper - to taste
- Add the chicken wings to a large bowl. Drizzle olive oil on top and generously season with sea salt and pepper (approximately ½ tsp sea salt and loads of freshly ground pepper). Toss the chicken so that they're evenly coated.
- Lightly coat the inside of the air fryer tray or basket with olive oil or cooking spray. Preheat the air fryer to 400°F for 2 minutes.
- Place the chicken wings in a single layer in the air fryer. Cook for 12 minutes then flip over using a pair of tongs.
- Cook an additional 12-15 minutes or until chicken reaches 165°F as an internal temperature when poked with a meat thermometer. They will look nice and crispy when done. Serve while still warm with optional toppings (see notes section).
- This recipe can easily be doubled. You can either cook the wings in smaller batches (half at a time) or cook a larger amount for a longer time. Never fill the air fryer more than halfway full.
- Try these salt and pepper wings with my homemade ranch dressing. It’s so good!
- Serve with sliced raw carrots, celery, cauliflower, and broccoli.
- If you have leftovers, these can be stored in the fridge in an air-tight glass container for up to one week.
Nutrition Info Note: The actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes and the size and number of what you make. The nutritional values provided above are just an estimate. Actual numbers will vary based on brands you choose and the ingredients you use.
If you’re looking for more specific details (for example, to track your macros) then I recommend adding specific brand ingredients and this recipe to a food tracker app on your phone.