Air fryer chicken wings are so easy to make at home. They’re crispy, delicious and made with just a few seasonings. I highly recommend serving them with my crispy air fryer potatoes (because they’re simple and soo good!).
Need more chicken ideas? I’ve got 6 easy air fryer chicken recipes that you must save for later!
Air Fryer Chicken Wings
Crispy chicken wings are so easy to make in the air fryer. Everything including prep time and cook time is all done in less than 30 minutes.
Wing night has always been my favorite pub food… Who doesn’t love crispy wings salt and pepper wings or hot wings? I know I can easily eat a dozen myself (if not more). Well, now you can make crispy chicken wings easily at home using your air fryer!
This recipe will be enjoyed by your whole family. My daughter wanted to eat ALL of the wings herself, so yes, kids love them!
You can serve them with a side of raw veggies and don’t forget the ranch dip! Or make it a meal with some of my 6 air fryer side dishes!
- 18-20 split chicken wings – drumette and winglet
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
How To Make Air Fryer Salt and Pepper Wings
Full ingredients and instructions are also in the recipe card at the bottom of this blog post.
STEP 1: Add the 3 Tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp paprika, 1 tsp garlic powder, ½ tsp salt, and ½ tsp ground black pepper to a large bowl. Mix everything together. Add in the chicken wings and toss everything together until the chicken is coated on all sides.
STEP 2: Preheat the air fryer to 400°F for 2 minutes.
STEP 3: Place the chicken wings in a single layer in the air fryer leaving a bit of space between each one. Cook in multiple batches if you need to.
STEP 4: Cook for 24-25 minutes, flipping the chicken wings halfway through using a pair of tongs. Chicken wings are cooked when they reach 165°F as an internal temperature when poked with a meat thermometer. The edges will be crispy. Serve immediately.
- Preheat your air fryer first. This will give you the best crispy chicken wings.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel before adding it to the bowl. This will remove any excess moisture and help the seasonings to stick better.
- Always flip the chicken halfway through cooking to get an even crispiness.
- Check the chicken in the last couple of minutes to make sure they’re not overcooking. Every air fryer is slightly different for cooking times, so it might take a little bit of practice getting used to your temperature and how it works.
- USDA recommends the safest internal temperature for poultry is 165°F. This is the interior temperature that the meat will read once removed from the heat source. You can use a food thermometer, which will be poked into the thickest part of the chicken to read the temperature.
- Refrigerate – Once the chicken wings have cooled down, leftovers can be stored in an airtight container or in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
- To Reheat – Add potatoes back to the air fryer at 375°F and cook for 5-10 minutes, or until warmed through. Give the air fryer basket a shake halfway through.
Tools For This Recipe
(Amazon affiliate links) – Check out all of my kitchen essentials here.
- Vortex Plus 6 Qt Air Fryer – The air fryer that I used in the photos. It has a large basket for more food in larger batches. It automatically preheats before adding food and reminds you to flip halfway through.
- Silicone Spatula – A must-have for scraping all the seasonings into the air fryer from the mixing bowl.
- Mixing Bowls – Stackable mixing bowls keep the cupboards more organized and make it easy to toss ingredients together quickly.
- Magnetic Measuring Spoons – I love these magnetic ones which stay nice and organized together when storing them
Get My Free Recipe Guides!
Grab the Free Recipe Guides of my most popular recipes (all in easy-to-print format)! Sign up for my free member’s library and you’ll get instant access to over 20 free recipe guides, plus I’m always adding more!
Tried This Recipe? Please Share It With Your Friends!
Leave a review using the stars in the recipe card below, I love hearing your feedback! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Add the 3 Tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp paprika, 1 tsp garlic powder, ½ tsp salt and ½ tsp ground black pepper to a large bowl. Mix everything together. Add in the chicken wings and toss everything together until the chicken is coated on all sides.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F for 2 minutes.
- Place the chicken wings in a single layer in the air fryer leaving a bit of space between each one. Cook in multiple batches if you need to.
- Cook for 24-25 minutes, flipping the chicken wings halfway through using a pair of tongs. Chicken wings are cooked when they reach 165°F as an internal temperature when poked with a meat thermometer. The edges will be crispy. Serve immediately.
- This recipe can easily be doubled. You can either cook the wings in smaller batches (half at a time) or cook a larger amount for a longer time. Never fill the air fryer more than halfway full.
- Serve with sliced raw carrots, celery, cauliflower, and broccoli.
- If you have leftovers, these can be stored in the fridge in an air-tight glass container for up to 4 days.
The nutritional information provided is an estimate and is per serving.