Chickpea lemon tuna salad is made with light lemon dressing. This salad recipe is simple, yet flavorful with chickpeas, tomatoes, cucumbers and canned tuna. Serve this as a side salad or eat on its own for a high-protein lunch.
Chickpea Lemon Tuna Salad
This chickpea lemon tuna salad is healthy and tastes great. You’ll be getting protein from tuna and chickpeas, and loads of vitamins and minerals from tomatoes, cucumber, and red onion. This salad can be whipped up in under 10 minutes!
You can meal prep it on Sunday, and store it in mason jars for grab-and-go lunches throughout the week. I love mason jar salads because they make life easier. Here are some more mason jar salad recipes.
Chickpea Lemon Tuna Salad Ingredients
This salad is packed with a rainbow of veggies:
- Chickpeas – You’ll need one can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed.
- Cherry Tomatoes – I used cherry tomatoes in the recipe, but any kind will work.
- Cucumber – You can use regular or mini cucumbers, sliced into bite-sized pieces.
- Red Onion – 1/2 cup of chopped red onion is used.
- Chunk Light Tuna – You can use any kind of canned tuna you like.
- Salad Dressing – You’ll also need 1 lemon, olive oil, salt and pepper.
How To Make Chickpea Lemon Tuna Salad
This salad is very simple. Here are the main steps:
- SALAD – Add all the ingredients to a large bowl and toss them together.
- DRESSING – Make the salad dressing in a smaller bowl. Drizzle overtop of salad and toss together.
- STORE – You can store this salad in the fridge for up to 2 days without it becoming soggy. It’s delicious as leftovers!
For the full ingredients list and instructions, scroll to the bottom of this post.
More Easy Salad Recipes
- Six Healthy Mason Jar Salads – This mason jar salad guide will walk you through everything you need to know in order to make the best salads that won’t turn soggy while stored in the fridge.
- Ranch Taco Chicken Salad – Loaded with delicious vegetables, cooked chicken, black beans, cheddar cheese and crunchy tortilla chips.
- Sweet Potato Kale Salad with Avocado Dressing – This salad recipe is simple, yet flavorful with roasted sweet potatoes, tangy parmesan cheese and a creamy dressing.
- Kale Caesar Salad – Made with crispy homemade croutons and caesar dressing – it’s so delicious!
- Easy Garden Salad with Herb Dressing – An easy go-to salad that suits almost any meal.
Chickpea Lemon Tuna Salad
- 1 can chickpeas - drained and rinsed
- 1 can chunk light tuna - drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes - sliced in half
- 1 cup cucumber - sliced and quartered
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- ½ freshly squeezed lemon - about 2 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper - to taste
- Add the chickpeas, tuna, cherry tomatoes, cucumber and red onion to a large bowl and toss together.
- In a small bowl, combine salad dressing ingredients: ½ of freshly squeezed lemon, olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Mix together.
- Drizzle the salad dressing overtop and toss together. Squeeze more fresh lemon if desired.