This quick and easy greek salad is made with lettuce, juicy tomatoes, crisp cucumbers, olives and red onion. Drizzled with a delicious red wine vinaigrette and sprinkled with creamy feta cheese.
Perfect Greek Salad
This is a simple salad to put together that tastes great with almost anything.
- Whip this fresh salad together in under 15 minutes. Just a bit of chopping veggies and tossing a quick vinaigrette together.
- This side salad is simple to make and uses inexpensive ingredients from the grocery store.
- Fresh ingredients include romaine lettuce, grape or cherry tomatoes, thick slices of red onion, english cucumbers, olives and large chunks of feta cheese.
- A simple but flavorful red wine vinaigrette is drizzled over top of everything. It’s a simple dressing that adds healthy fats and loads of flavor.
- Homemade salad dressing is a healthier way to add flavor and avoid unwanted preservatives, excess salt and sugar.
VEGGIES: Fresh and crisp head romaine lettuce is chopped small and combined with grape tomatoes, cucumber, and thinly sliced red onion.
OLIVES: Make sure to use pitted olives. Black olives, plump kalamata olives, green olives etc.
FETA: I prefer to use goat’s feta cheese (made with goat’s milk) but you can also find feta cheese made with cow’s milk. Look for it in the deli meat area of the grocery store where specialty cheese is located.
HOMEMADE VINAIGRETTE: An effortless dressing is tossed together using a splash of red wine vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Feel free to add fresh lemon juice for extra flavor.
Optional additions include fresh parsley, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, and substitute for large tomatoes.
How To Make Greek Salad
- Whisk together the red wine vinegar, olive oil, minced garlic, salt and ground pepper. Set aside.
- Wash and chop the vegetables. Slice the red onion into thin strips according to the full recipe card instructions below.
- Add veggies to a large bowl with crumbled feta. Drizzle the dressing on top of the salad. Season with salt and black pepper and toss together. Serve and enjoy!
Leftover salad can be stored in an airtight container for up to 4-5 days. For maximum freshness, keep the salad dressing separate until you’re ready to serve.
More Healthy Salad Recipes
- Beet Bacon Feta Salad is bacon, beets, wild rice, and veggies, a delicious dijon mustard dressing, all topped with feta cheese.
- Chickpea Lemon Tuna Salad is great for a high-protein lunch.
- Six Healthy Mason Jar Salad Recipes include six delicious flavor options with full recipes.
- Kale Caesar Salad is made with easy homemade croutons and caesar dressing. It’s delicious!
- Garded Salad with Herb Dressing is simple, easy and delicious.
Did you love this quick and easy greek salad? Be sure to leave a rating below!
Easy Greek Salad Recipe
- Make the salad dressing: Add olive oil, red wine vinaigrette, a minced garlic clove, salt and pepper to a small bowl. Whisk together and set aside.
- Wash and chop the lettuce, slice the tomatoes, chop the cucumber, thinly slice the red onion, and slice the olives. Add them to a salad bowl along with feta cheese.
- Drizzle the salad dressing on top and toss everything together. Serve and enjoy!
The nutritional information provided is an estimate and is per serving.