Ginger garlic chicken legs are an easy way to cook up those chicken drumsticks, only 5 ingredients needed!
Fresh ginger and garlic are combined with soy sauce to create an easy chicken marinade. Then it’s baked in the oven for an effortless dinner the whole family will love. Serve it with baked potato wedges, green beans, corn, carrots, rice, quinoa, our strawberry spinach salad or greek salad for a complete meal.
Easy Baked Chicken Legs
Grab a big pack of chicken legs and cook up this easy recipe.
- These oven-baked chicken legs use 5 easy ingredients to make a flavorful chicken recipe. It’s an affordable meal that you can have on your weekly dinner rotation.
- Chicken drumsticks are one of the cheaper chicken cuts making them budget-friendly.
- Homemade marinades always taste better than the store-bought versions. It’s the best way to avoid excess salt and unwanted preservatives.
- Try this easy marinade on different cuts of chicken including chicken breasts, wings and even pork chops.
- Only 5 minutes of prep and 55 minutes to bake this simple recipe.
- It’s an easy dinner recipe that works well with roasted vegetables, rice or quinoa.
- There are so many delicious ways to cook chicken drumsticks including classic baked chicken legs and our air fryer chicken drumsticks recipes!
- CHICKEN: I used 9 chicken legs, enough to fit in my casserole dish in a single layer. Feel free to use as many as you want.
- SAUCE: This recipe uses minced garlic, minced fresh ginger, salt and pepper to add great flavor. You’ll also need a low sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos.
How To Make Ginger Garlic Chicken Legs
These tasty chicken legs are easy to make in the oven. Everything including prep and baking time is done in about 60 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix together the cooking oil, minced garlic, minced ginger, and the coconut aminos (or soy sauce) according to the full instructions in the recipe card below.
- Add the chicken legs to a baking dish or sheet pan in a single layer. Drizzle the sauce mixture overtop and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake chicken legs until fully cooked. Serve and enjoy!
Leftover chicken legs can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge up to 3-4 days. Reheat in the microwave or oven before serving.
- Pat chicken dry with a paper towel before adding to the baking dish. This will remove any excess moisture.
- Want crispier chicken? Cook the chicken on a baking rack that sits on top of the baking sheet. This will allow all juices to drip away from the legs – leaving a crispy chicken skin. You can baste the chicken a few times through cooking to create more flavorful results.
- Use a food thermometer to check when chicken is done. USDA recommends an internal cooking temperature of 165°F for poultry. Poke the thermometer into the thickest part of the chicken immediately after removing from the oven. Cooking time will vary depending on how many drumsticks you’re baking.
More Easy Chicken Recipes
- Easiest Oven Baked Chicken Legs are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside making the perfect weeknight meal.
- Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks with crispy skin is an easy chicken leg recipe.
- Lemon Garlic Chicken Wings taste light and fresh using simple ingredients.
- Air Fryer Chicken Thighs is one of the easiest ways to cook chicken and great for picky eaters.
- Air Fryer Salt and Pepper Wings taste just like wings from the pub.
- Garlic Parmesan Chicken Legs are similar to this recipe but with parmesan cheese and cooked in the air fryer.
Baked Ginger Garlic Chicken Legs
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Lightly coat a baking pan with a bit of cooking oil. Place chicken legs in a single layer.
- In a small bowl mix together oil, minced garlic, minced ginger, and coconut aminos.
- Pour the sauce overtop of the chicken legs. Season them with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked and reaches 165°F as an internal temperature when poked with a meat thermometer.Use tongs to add to plates. Serve and enjoy!