Lemon garlic chicken wings are light and fresh using ingredients you already have in your kitchen! These wings are made with freshly squeezed lemons, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. They’re baked in the oven for a simple yet flavorful dish that can be paired with a side salad or quinoa.
Lemon Garlic Chicken Wings
Freshly squeezed lemon adds the perfect tanginess to these baked chicken wings. No need for fancy ingredients, just a few things you probably already have in your kitchen.
You can serve these chicken wings with raw or roasted vegetables, or a quick salad. These would also taste great dipped in ranch dressing.
P.S. This is my new NordicWare baking sheet (see it below) and I’m in love! It’s really BIG – the perfect size for making sheet pan dinners.
I’m a huge NordicWare fan – I collect their seasonal baking pans. They’re so beautiful and the quality is excellent.
Ingredients For Lemon Garlic Chicken Wings
- Chicken Wings – I used about 2 lbs of chicken wings. Feel free to make more or less as long as they cook in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Spice Mix – You’ll add this mix to the chicken before baking: avocado oil (or other cooking oil), garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Lemon Slices – These are added halfway through in the baking process. They’re optional but make a beautiful presentation.
- Lemon Dressing – This chicken wings are tossed in lemon juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper after they’re baked.
How To Make Lemon Garlic Chicken Wings
- Season – Add the raw chicken wings to a large bowl. Mix together avocado oil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Pour this over top of the wings and toss together until evenly coated.
- Bake – Lay in a single file on the baking sheet and bake at 425°F for 45-50 minutes, flipping them half way through.
- Drizzle Dressing – Make the dressing using lemon juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Drizzle overtop of baked chicken and toss together. Serve and enjoy!
You can see full detailed instructions, including walk-through photos in the recipe card below. Just keep scrolling down…
More Chicken Recipes To Try
- Air Fryer Salt and Pepper Wings – These are crispy, delicious and made with just oil, salt and pepper.
- Balsamic-Glazed Chicken Wings – Made with balsamic vinegar, coconut sugar, dried rosemary and baked in the oven.
- Roasted Chicken with Root Vegetables – This recipe makes a juicy tender chicken with a side of beautifully colored carrots, parsnips, rutabaga and brussels sprouts. All cooked in one dish!
- Pineapple Chicken Sheet Pan – An easy weeknight meal speckled with colorful bursts of vegetables like carrots, tomatoes, and green beans.
- Bruschetta Baked Chicken Breasts – Totally delicious and the perfect healthy dinner idea.
Lemon Garlic Chicken Wings
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- ½ lemon - sliced thin (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray (I use avocado spray), or line it with foil or parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic powder, avocado oil (or other cooking oil), salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken wings to a large bowl and pour the sauce overtop. Toss together until evenly coated.
- Lay the chicken wings on the greased or lined baking sheet. Bake for a total of 45-50 minutes – removing halfway to flip.
- At the halfway point, flip the wings with a fork or tongs. Add slices of lemon to the baking sheet (optional) and bake for the last half of time.
- Chicken will be done when, skin is golden brown, it's no longer pink inside, and reaches 165°F as an internal temperature when poked with a meat thermometer.
- Make the lemon dressing: Add lemon juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper to a small bowl.
- Drizzle overtop of the cooked chicken and toss together.
- Serve chicken with sliced lemons, drizzle more fresh lemon overtop if desired.
The nutritional information provided is an estimate and is per serving.