These easy homemade pizza pockets are fast to make with just 4 ingredients!
Pizza sauce, pepperoni slices and mozzarella cheese are added to the refrigerated pizza crust and baked for an easy dinner. They’re similar to store-bought pizza pops but made with fresh toppings. Serve for an easy lunch, appetizer, game nights, or after school snack with dipping sauce.
Easy Recipe Using Pizza Crust
Homemade pizza pockets are similar to our easy twisted pizza breadsticks and a fun way the whole family can enjoy pizza at home!
- You only need four ingredients and 15 minutes to create these delicious hot pockets.
- Using store-bought pizza dough is a great way to get this family favorite on the dinner table fast.
- Whether you’re making these for lunches or a pizza night, your family will love how fun and simple they are.
- Sprinkle grated parmesan cheese on top for even more flavor. Serve with extra pizza sauce for dipping and a side salad for an easy meal.
- Picky eaters can skip the sprinkling of oregano on top.
- Pizza is a fun way to enjoy a variety of recipes, including bacon sausage breakfast pizza, an easy kids meal with pizza lunchables, a simple dinner idea with pizza casserole, or a low-carb option with our pizza chicken breasts.
- PIZZA CRUST: You can use any store-bought refrigerated pizza crust for this recipe. You could also try puff pastry, crescent dinner rolls, or biscuit dough for an alternative. Feel free to make your own dough if you prefer.
- SAUCE: Pizza sauce, tomato sauce or pasta sauce will work.
- MOZZARELLA: Pizza mozzarella works best, but feel free to substitute with your favorite cheese.
- PEPPERONI: I used mini pepperonis. If you’re using larger ones you can slice them in half.
- OREGANO: Sprinkled on top of each pizza pocket.
- OIL: My favorite non-stick cooking spray is avocado oil spray for recipes. Used to spray tops of pizza pockets before cooking.
VARIATIONS: Add your favorite pizza toppings including diced green pepper, cheddar cheese, feta cheese, ham, crushed pineapple and sliced mushrooms. A little filling goes a long way.
How To Make Homemade Pizza Pockets
- Roll out the dough onto a cookie sheet. Cut it into an even rectangle shape. Use pizza cutter to slice into six squares.
- Add pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese and pepperoni to the inside according to full recipe instructions below.
- Fold over and press edges with a fork. Spray the top with cooking spray, and sprinkle with oregano and mozzarella.
- Bake until top is golden, cheese and sauce ooze out of edges. Serve with more pizza sauce. These can also be cooked in a toaster oven.
Leftovers should be stored in an airtight container or plastic wrap in the fridge for 3-4 days and reheated in the oven to crispen up again. If you add them to a freezer bag, these can be frozen up to 3-4 months.
More Pizza Recipes
- Pizza Lunchables are basically the coolest snack that kids can bring to school.
- Pizza Pasta Casserole is easy, gooey, cheesy and oh so delicious.
- Low Carb Pizza Chicken is another easy and healthy dinner.
- Bacon Sausage Breakfast Pizza is a fun breakfast brunch recipe.
- Twisted Pizza Breadsticks are just as easy and the perfect side dish for soups, salads and parties.
Did you love these easy homemade pizza pockets? Be sure to leave a rating below!
Homemade Pizza Pockets
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Remove the pizza dough from tube, then roll out over parchment paper on a baking sheet. Use a rolling pin to roll thinner if desired.
- Use knife or pizza cutter to create an even rectangle.
- Cut into six even squares.
- Add 1 Tbsp of pizza sauce to each square and spread with a spatula.
- Sprinkle 2 Tbsp shredded mozzarella on top.
- Add 3 mini pepperoni slices.
- Fold over to create a triangle. Seal the edges by pressing together with a fork.
- Lightly spray the tops with cooking oil spray or olive oil. Sprinkle ⅛ tsp dried oregano. Sprinkle 1 tsp mozzarella on each.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes or until outside turns golden brown.
- Serve while warm with pizza sauce.