*This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
This pizza casserole is easy, gooey, cheesy and oh so delicious. Made with pasta, ground beef, mozzarella cheese and pepperoni, your family is going to love it. This casserole can be whipped up pretty quickly if you plan ahead. I like to cook extra pasta the night before and save it for this recipe.
I’m not gonna lie, I could eat this whole pizza casserole to myself because it’s total comfort food. Luckily my family will happily eat it too.
Pizza casserole ingredients:
- Ground beef
- Yellow onion
- Mozzarella cheese
- Pepperoni slices
- Marinara sauce
- Pre-cooked spiral pasta
How To Make The Pizza Casserole:
First you’ll want to brown the beef and onion in a skillet. This doesn’t take too long, about 8-10 minutes. You’ll know when it’s done when the onion is translucent and the beef has gone from pink to brown.
After that, add the beef to a bowl along with cooked pasta and marinara sauce. This will become the base of this yummy pizza casserole.
How To Layer The pizza casserole:
- First layer: Ground beef / pasta mixture
- Second layer: A bunch of grated mozzarella cheese
- Third layer: Slices of pepperoni
- Topping: A little bit more mozzarella
Cook the pizza casserole at 350°F for 25-30 minutes. The pizza casserole will be done when the sides start to brown and the cheese is bubbling. I cooked mine a tad too long, but nonetheless – still delicious! We ate every inch of this casserole, it was seriously THAT good.
I should also point out that you can freeze this recipe as well, either before or after you cook it in the oven. It is an easy recipe to add to your meal prep nights. Or double up and make two casseroles one night – but eat one and freeze the other.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped small
- 1 (650 ml) jar spaghetti or marinara sauce
- 4.5 cups spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- 2.5-3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 15-25 slices of pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a frying pan over medium-high heat, add a bit of oil. Season with salt and pepper and cook ground beef and onion until beef is no longer pink. Drain any excess liquids.
- Add beef mixture to a bowl, add in spaghetti sauce and cooked pasta. Stir everything together.
- Pour the entire mixture into a casserole dish (mine was 11” x 7”) and spread out evenly with a spoon. Sprinkle with 2 cups mozzarella cheese. Arrange pepperoni slices overtop, and sprinkle with last 1/2 cup mozzarella.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and is turning brown on edges and casserole is fully heated throughout.
See more family-friendly recipes on our website: www.andianne.com
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 366Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 516mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 27g
Please note: This nutrition information is only an estimate and was created using Nutritionix
Did you enjoy this recipe? Save it to Pinterest!