As much as I love ground beef for its versatility, I can sometimes be stumped with what else to make out of it that’s easy and family-friendly.
This meatloaf muffin recipe is a mixture of ground beef and some very simple add-ins. Kids will love the mozzarella cheese and ketchup toppings.
With a few simple ingredients to mix together inside a muffin pan, you really can’t go wrong here. Serve them with a side salad or fresh pasta.
Bite-Sized Meatloaf Cups
Most families have their favorite meatloaf recipe. But sometimes it’s fun to change things up. I like making this recipe for my daughter because she thinks it’s extra fun!
- It uses simple ingredients including just four toppings (like frozen peas, chopped onion, cheese, and ketchup).
- The base is made from ground beef. An affordable meat option which is important to consider as prices continue to rise.
- Leftovers can be used as easy lunches.
- These are great for kids as the flavors are simple and sweet.
BASE: The meatloaf base is made from budget-friendly ground beef, an egg, a bit of milk, some bread crumbs and spices.
TOPPINGS: A bit of finely chopped onion, frozen peas, mozzarella cheese and ketchup is all you need for toppings. Feel free to substitute with other flavors of cheese. Barbecue sauce, tomato paste or spaghetti sauce will also work as a sauce.
How To Make Meatloaf Muffins
Really, this is one of the easiest meatloaf recipes around. Meatloaf with a bit of breadcrumb, and topped with peas, mozzarella cheese and ketchup.
- Combine ground beef, egg, milk, breadcrumbs and spices together in a large bowl.
- Divide the mixture into muffin cups according to the recipe instructions below.
- Add the toppings, then bake for 35 minutes.
- Scoop onto plates, serve and enjoy!
Switch it up and use your toppings! Try frozen mixed veggies or corn, chopped bell pepper, green onion, or mushrooms.
Add cheddar cheese, marble or parmesan.
Replace ketchup with barbecue sauce, spaghetti sauce or tomato paste.
Ground beef can be replaced with ground turkey or chicken.
More Recipes To Try
- Meatloaf without Breadcrumbs is healthier than traditional meatloaf and uses lots of fresh veggies.
- Salmon Loaf is one of our family favorites. It’s budget-friendly using canned salmon!
- Ground Beef Sweet Potato Skillet is an easy 30-minute dinner with everything cooked in one frying pan.
- Sheet Pan Nachos are all cooked on a baking sheet and served with favorite toppings. Great for families!
- Pasta, Chicken and Peas is another easy skillet dinner.
Did you love this easy meatloaf muffin recipe? Be sure to leave a rating below!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, egg, milk, breadcrumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Mix together thoroughly.
- Divide the ground beef into 12 muffin cups. Press into the bottom and a little up the sides.Add the toppings (1.) 1 tsp onion, (2.) 1 tsp frozen peas, (3.) 1 tsp mozzarrella, (4.) ketchup.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until beef is cooked and no longer pink. Cheese will slightly brown on edges. Let cool for 5 minutes, then use a small spatula to help loosen the meatloaf muffins from the pan. Serve and enjoy!