Consider this strawberry fluff salad an easy and delicious dessert to bring to your next potluck or family gathering. Made with just a handful of ingredients, including fresh strawberries, whipped cream, and marshmallows, this dessert comes together in no time and can be easily customized to your preferences.
What is Strawberry Fluff Salad
If you’re looking for an easy dessert salad that’s sure to impress, you can’t go wrong with strawberry fluff salad. This light and airy strawberry flavor of dessert is a crowd-pleaser that is sure to satisfy everyone’s sweet tooth.
Whether you prefer a sweeter dessert or want to add a bit of crunch with some chopped nuts, strawberry fluff salad is a versatile dish that can be adapted to suit your tastes.
The recipe for strawberry fluff salad typically includes a few simple ingredients, such as homemade whipped cream topping, marshmallows, and fresh strawberries. Some variations may also include other fruits, such as whole pineapple chunks or mandarin oranges.
Overall, if you’re looking for a delicious and easy dessert or side dish that’s sure to impress, you can’t go wrong with strawberry fluff salad.
To make this delicious dish, you will need the following ingredients (full details including measurements are in the recipe card at the bottom of this post):
- FRESH STRAWBERRIES – These are the star of the show, so make sure you use fresh and ripe strawberries for the best flavor. You can also use frozen strawberries if fresh ones are not available but will add more moisture to the salad and also won’t have the same texture.
- STRAWBERRY JELLO MIX – Strawberry gelatin (or Jell-o) gives the salad a signature sweet and fruity flavor. You can use a sugar-free jello mix if you prefer. You can also use other flavors such as orange jello or raspberry-flavored jello.
- VANILLA PUDDING MIX – Vanilla pudding adds a creamy and rich texture to the salad. You must use the cook-and-serve vanilla pudding and not the instant vanilla pudding mix for this recipe! Be sure to read the package label to make sure you have the right kind.
- MINI MARSHMALLOWS – These add a fun and playful texture to the salad and give it that distinct cloud-like texture.
- COOL WHIP – This is the secret ingredient that makes the salad so light and fluffy. Be sure to thaw the cool whip overnight in the fridge if it’s frozen. You can also use whipped cream if you prefer.
There are so many variations to fluff salad recipes. They truly are easily customizable! Here are a few ideas:
- ADD FRESH FRUITS – You can substitute strawberries with other fruits, such as fresh raspberries, blueberries, canned mandarin oranges or crushed pineapple to make a different flavored jello salad.
- TOP WITH WHIPPED CREAM – Add a dollop of whipped cream on top of your strawberry fluff salad.
- SPRINKLE WITH NUTS – Adding nuts, such as chopped pecans or walnuts, can give it a nutty flavor and crunch.
- CRUSHED COOKIES – Crushed graham crackers or vanilla wafers can add a delicious crunch to your fluff salad. Simply sprinkle them on top before serving.
- USE AS A TOPPING – Use as a topping for ice cream or cake for a fun and easy dessert option.
- DRIZZLE WITH SAUCE – Drizzle raspberry or strawberry sauce over the top of your strawberry fluff salad for added sweetness and tanginess.
- COCONUT – Sprinkle with sweetened coconut flakes for a crunchy topping.
- ANGEL FOOD CAKE – Fold in pieces of angel food cake to create a totally different flavor, similar to our strawberry angel food cake dessert recipe.
Is strawberry jello fluff salad served alongside dinner or as a dessert?
You can do both! Traditionally, however, it has been served as a sweet-tasting side dish with a meal on special occasions like the 4th of July, Easter and Christmas.
What is the difference between strawberry fluff and pink fluff?
Strawberry fluff and pink fluff are very similar, but the main difference is the flavor. Strawberry fluff is made with strawberry Jell-O and fresh strawberries, while pink fluff is made with raspberry Jell-O and canned fruit cocktail. Additionally, strawberry fluff tends to be a bit sweeter than pink fluff.
How to Make Strawberry Fluff Salad
Making a delicious Strawberry Fluff Salad is easy and requires just a few simple steps.
- HEAT ON STOVE – Add the vanilla pudding mix, strawberry jello mix, and water to a medium pot. Bring it to a gentle boil, stirring occasionally. Once it boils, remove it from heat. Pour into a large bowl and place in the fridge to chill for 3-6 hours.
- BEAT TILL CREAMY – Once the jello pudding mixture has thickened and is completely chilled, you can beat it with a hand mixer for 1-2 minutes. Next, gently fold in the cool whip using a spatula.
- ADD MARSHMALLOWS AND STRAWBERRIES – Now you can gently stir in the mini marshmallows and sliced fresh strawberries.
- SERVE – Add the fluff salad to a serving plate and store in the fridge until ready to serve.
How To Store Leftover Salad
If you have leftover strawberry salad, you’ll want to store it properly to ensure it stays fresh and delicious. Here are some tips on how to store and freeze:
- FRIDGE – Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Make sure the container is tightly sealed to prevent any air from getting in, which can cause the salad to dry out.
- FREEZING – It’s possible to freeze fluff salad, but keep in mind that the texture may change slightly once it’s thawed. To freeze the salad, transfer it to an airtight container or freezer bag and store it in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- THAWING – When you’re ready to eat, transfer it to the fridge and let it thaw overnight. Don’t try to speed up the thawing process by microwaving the salad or leaving it at room temperature, as this can cause it to become watery and lose its texture. Keep it in the fridge and give it a stir just before serving.
- REFRESHING THE SALAD – If the fluff salad has been in the fridge for a few days and isn’t looking as good as it used to, you can refresh it by adding fresh whipped cream and stirring it in gently. This will help bring back some of the fluffiness and creaminess.
Can I make this recipe with sweetened condensed milk?
Yes, this is a popular variation of the recipe and here’s what you’ll need: 1 can of sweetened condensed milk, 1 package of strawberry Jell-O, 1 container of Cool Whip, sliced strawberries and 1 bag of miniature marshmallows.
First, dissolve the Jell-O in boiling water and allow it to cool to room temperature. Next, stir in the sweetened condensed milk, and Cool Whip until well combined.
Fold in the marshmallows and chopped strawberries. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Can I make a strawberry fluff recipe without Cool Whip?
Yes, instead of Cool Whip, you can use whipped cream or whipped topping. Keep in mind that the texture and flavor of the salad may be slightly different depending on which option you prefer. For example, fresh whipped cream will not be as sweet which some people may enjoy more.
Overall, strawberry fluff salad is a tasty and easy dessert that you can enjoy all year round.
Follow this recipe to make strawberry cheesecake fluff salad, a tasty and fluffy treat that everyone will love.
If you’re looking for a refreshing and easy-to-make dessert, it’s a great option. This fruit salad is perfect for any occasion, whether you’re hosting a dinner or simply want a sweet treat paired with your holiday meal. Plus, it’s a great option if you’re looking for a dessert that doesn’t require any baking.
More Strawberry Recipes
- Strawberry Cheesecake Overnight Oats
- Strawberry Muffins
- Strawberry Angel Food Cake Dessert
- Strawberry Pineapple Cake
- Strawberry Banana Bread
- Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
Strawberry Jello Fluff Salad
- Add the vanilla pudding mix, strawberry jello mix and water to a medium saucepan and stir together. Bring to a boil, then remove and stir.
- Pour into a large bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, chill in fridge 4-6 hrs.
- Once thickened, beat with handmixer until creamy.
- Fold in the thawed cool whip with a spatula.
- Add the marshmallows and strawberries and gently fold in as well.
- Keep in the fridge until ready to serve.