Broccoli chickpea stir fry is an easy vegetarian dinner in under 30 minutes. Made with fresh veggies and spices on a bed of rice. This is the perfect dinner for busy weeknights when you forgot to thaw the meat.
Broccoli Chickpea Stir Fry
Do you love incredibly simple dinner ideas? Me too! This broccoli chickpea stir fry is made quickly and without a lot of fuss. It’s the perfect budget-friendly meal to add to your dinner rotation. If you want you can add meat to this recipe – chicken, pork or steak bites would all work great! You can save the leftovers for lunch and add them to a tortilla wrap.
Broccoli Chickpea Stir Fry Ingredients
Here are the simple ingredients you’ll need for this stir fry:
- Broccoli – You’ll need one head of broccoli, or about 4 cups of broccoli florets.
- Chickpeas – One can of drained and rinsed chickpeas.
- Onion – You’ll need one whole chopped onion.
- Rice – You can use any kind of rice that you prefer. I used jasmine rice.
- Sauce – To make the sauce you’ll need balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder, ginger powder, and maple syrup.
Broccoli Chickpea Stir Fry Directions
This recipe is perfect for busy nights where you have no meat thawed. You can put this together in less than 20 minutes. For the full recipe card, scroll to the bottom of this post.
Here are the basic steps:
- Rice – Make the rice the same way you normally do. I used jasmine rice in a rice cooker.
- Stir Fry – Cook onion and garlic until they turn translucent. Add the broccoli and chickpeas along with vegetable broth. Create the sauce, a base of balsamic vinegar and spices, and dump on top. Mix everything together and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve – Add rice and stir fry to a plate. Serve and enjoy!
More Easy Dinner Recipes
- Chickpea Zucchini Stir Fry Wraps – The base of the wraps is created with a fast stir fry of chickpeas, veggies, and homemade taco seasoning.
- Mushroom Kale Pasta – Made with just 4 simple ingredients and whipped up fast.
- Pineapple Chicken Sheet Pan – Speckled with colorful bursts of vegetables like carrots, tomatoes, and green beans. It’s a delicious meal without a lot of fuss.
- Instant Pot Ground Turkey Kale Bean Soup – Healthy, hearty and made with lean ground turkey. This soup can be put together fast – you’ll have dinner on the table in about 30 minutes!
- Sheet Pan Fajitas – This is an easy family favorite that’s perfect for Taco Tuesdays, or Fun Fridays.
Broccoli Chickpea Stir Fry
- Cook the rice using steps you normally do (rice cooker, steamer etc).
- Add cooking oil to a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the minced garlic and chopped onion. Cook until the onion turns translucent, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the broccoli florets and chickpeas. Add the broth and mix everything together.
- Make the sauce using water, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, garlic powder, onion powder, ginger powder.
- Pour sauce over top of vegetables and mix together. Cook an additional 1-3 minutes.
- Serve with cooked rice and vegetables.
Nutrition Info Note: The actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes and the size and number of what you make. The nutritional values provided above are just an estimate. Actual numbers will vary based on brands you choose and the ingredients you use.
If you’re looking for more specific details (for example, to track your macros) then I recommend adding specific brand ingredients and this recipe to a food tracker app on your phone.