Coconut flour biscuits are an easy way to enjoy a gluten-free, keto-friendly biscuit with your favorite meal. This recipe uses only five ingredients to make a simple biscuit that tastes both sweet and savory.
Coconut Flour Biscuits
If you’re looking for a coconut flour recipe, this one is super easy to make. These biscuits have a sweet and savoury taste. I like to serve them with creamy carrot tomato soup, tortilla soup or pureed cauliflower soup.
I also use this recipe to create gluten-free breadcrumbs for my keto stuffing.
Coconut flour is a healthy alternative to refined flour. It’s high in protein, healthy fats, and protein. It’s gluten-free and grain-free which can cause digestive upset. It also has a low score on the glycemic index, which is a good thing because it will help to avoid blood sugar spikes (1).
All of these benefits make coconut flour a favorite for the keto, paleo and sugar-free diets (including diabetic or candida diet), and for anyone that is gluten-free (including celiacs).
Coconut Flour Biscuit Ingredients
Aside from the coconut flour, this recipe uses everyday ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Coconut Flour – This flour is the base of the recipe. If you’ve never used it before, coconut flour has a sweet taste, and a yellow tone. You can find coconut flour in the bulk section of health food stores, or in a packaged version in the baking section. If you can’t find it locally, you can also purchase online here.
- Butter – You’ll need 1/4 cup of melted butter. You can use salted or unsalted.
- Eggs – This recipe uses four eggs. This is a bit more than other baking recipes but coconut flour is quite dry and the eggs will help bind it together and create moisture.
- Other Bits – You’ll also need baking soda and salt.
How To Make Coconut Flour Biscuits
These biscuits are quick and easy to make:
- Mix Dry Ingredients – Add the coconut flour, baking soda and salt to a bowl and mix together.
- Add Wet Ingredients – Melt the butter, then add it along with the eggs to the bowl. Stir it together until it forms a goopy batter.
- Let It Sit – Let the batter sit for 2-3 minutes so the coconut flour can absorb the excess moisture.
- Divide, Roll and Flatten – Divide the batter into six equal pieces. Roll each one into a ball and flatten with the palm of your hand.
- Bake – Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes. Let cool a bit then serve with butter or coconut oil.
~ Get the full recipe card that you can even print out at the bottom of this post. Just keep scrolling down.
More Coconut Flour Baking Recipes
- Coconut Flour Banana Muffins – These muffins are a healthy breakfast or snack option. Keep one in your bag for a quick energy boost.
- Coconut Cinnamon Ginger Cookies – This recipe isn’t like a traditional cookie. There’s no flour. Instead, they’re made with shredded coconut as the base.
- Raspberry Coconut Energy Balls – If you’re looking for a superfood snack that’s loaded with protein, then this is it!
Coconut Flour Biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. HELPFUL TIP: First, I like to spray the baking sheet with a bit of avocado oil spray, then lay the parchment paper down to help it stick.
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Melt the butter in the microwave for 15-20 seconds.
- Add the melted butter and eggs to the bowl. Mix everything together.
- At first the batter will be goopy and sticky. Let it sit for 3-4 minutes.
- The coconut flour will start to absorb the moisture and batter will thicken.
- Divide the batter into six equal sections. Roll them into balls and place on the baking sheet.
- Gently flatten them with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes, then serve with butter or coconut oil.
The nutritional information provided is an estimate and is per serving.