This carrot recipe is incredibly easy and takes regular carrots up a notch with a creamy sauce.
Mayonnaise creamy carrots are simmered with a bit of water on the stove until soft. They’re tossed with a creamy sauce made from mayonnaise and heavy cream. Who knew such a simple recipe could be so delicious!?
Sweet, Savory and So Simple!
- This is such a simple recipe that goes with almost any main dish including chicken, pork, beef or fish.
- The prep takes less than 5 minutes, then a quick simmer on the stove to soften. Toss with the creamy sauce and you’re done!
- Carrots are inexpensive, making this an affordable recipe for weekly dinner rotations. Feel free to alternate between this one and baked buttered carrots.
- Add leftovers to a roasted vegetable salad or puree into a creamy carrot soup.
CARROTS: This recipe uses 8 medium carrots that are peeled and cut lengthwise. Then they’re simmered in a bit of water along with a sprinkling of salt. Feel free to cut carrots in any shape, as long as they’re similar in size for more even cooking.
SAUCE: A bit of mayonnaise and heavy cream is all you need to make this delicious tangy sauce that tastes lovely with the sweetness from carrots.
How To Make Mayonnaise Creamy Carrots
- Prep the carrots and the creamy sauce.
- Place carrots in a pot with water and salt according to full recipe instructions below.
- Drain carrots, then toss with creamy sauce. Serve and enjoy!
Cook the carrots until they’re crisp-tender, soft when poked with a fork but crisp enough that they won’t fall apart when you mix them with the sauce.
More Side Dish Recipes
- Baked Buttered Carrots are so simple and delicious.
- Marinated Mushrooms are served chilled and best made ahead of time.
- Roasted Root Vegetables are one of our favorite easy side dishes.
- Easy Fried Cabbage is affordable and tastes great with almost anything.
- Roasted Beets are flavored with delicious balsamic vinegar and fresh rosemary.
Did you like this recipe? Be sure to leave a rating below!
Mayonnaise Creamy Carrots
- Wash then peel carrots with a vegetable peeler. Slice each carrot into quarters.
- In a bowl, mix together mayonnaise and heavy cream. Set aside.
- Add sliced carrots to a pot with hot water and salt. Cover with a lid and cook until tender but a little firm when poked with fork (about 10-15 minutes). Toss carrots occassionally during the process.
- Drain excess water (if there is any). Pour creamy sauce over top.
- Gently toss carrots with the sauce. Scoop into a dish. Serve while warm and enjoy!