Air Fryer Hamburgers
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
Air fryer hamburgers are so easy to make and create delicious results. Use your favorite sauce, sliced onion, lettuce, tomato, pickles, cheese and bacon to create the perfect burger!
Air fryer hamburgers are one of the easiest ways to cook burgers at home. They come out perfect every time and taste oh so good! Serve them with air fryer brussels sprouts for an easy healthy meal.
Air Fryer Hamburgers
There’s no need to cook your burgers outside on the barbecue. You can easily cook them in your air fryer and get incredible results!
Let’s talk about air fryers for a quick sec. If you already have one, you’re probably beginning to realize just how awesome and convenient it is to have this tool in your kitchen. You can air fry almost anything, and it’s not as easy to get the same crispy results when baked in the oven.
I have the Ninja Foodi Deluxe – it’s an all-in-one that allows me to use it as an air fryer, instant pot, sear, slow cook, steam and even bake food. The options are truly endless with this thing and I feel like I’m just getting started with it. If you haven’t purchased an air fryer yet, I highly recommend the Ninja Foodi Deluxe. I love that it replaces multiple tools which saves space in the kitchen. Today I’m using my Ninja Foodi Deluxe to create these ninja air fryer hamburgers.
How To Cook Air Fryer Hamburgers
Cooking your favorite hamburger patties is so easy to do in the air fryer. Everything including prep time and cook time is all done in less than 15 minutes.
- Lightly coat the air fryer with cooking spray or cooking oil on a paper towel. (this part is optional)
- Preheat the air fryer for two minutes at 400°F. Add in the hamburger patties and cook for 10 minutes, then flip them over. Cook for another 6-10 minutes, keeping an eye on them in the last couple of minutes so that they don’t overcook. I like my burgers crispy so I tend to cook mine on the longer side. The burgers will be cooked when the meat is no longer pink on the inside.
Tips For Perfect Air Fryer Hamburgers
- Preheat your air fryer first. This will give you the best crispy burgers.
- Always flip halfway through to get even cooking.
- Check in the last couple of minutes to make sure the burgers aren’t overcooking. Every air fryer is different so it might take a little bit of practice getting used to your temperature and how it works. I like to write down all my cooking temperatures in an air fryer notebook so that I know for next time.
- Blot the burgers with a paper towel after cooking to remove excess grease.
- If you have a Ninja Foodi Deluxe you can easily use this recipe to make ninja air fryer burgers.
Hamburger Topping Ideas
There are so many things you can add to your burgers to make them extra delicious. Here are a few ideas:
- Sauces – Ketchup, mustard, relish, barbecue sauce, ranch dressing, mayonnaise, sauerkraut or special sauce dressing I use in my burger salad bowl recipe.
- Homemade ketchup – it’s delicious and made with no refined sugar and whole food ingredients. See my ketchup recipe here.
- Veggies – sliced red onion, lettuce, spinach, sliced tomatoes, mashed avocado, cucumber, radishes, pickles, and sprouts.
- Bacon – bacon always tastes delicious on a burger.
- Cheese – mozzarella, cheddar, marble, etc.
PRO TIP: Want your cheese to melt? Add cheese slices to the tops of the burgers in the last 1-2 minutes of cooking in the air fryer!
Air Fryer Hamburger Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can! I usually cook mine straight from frozen. It usually takes a couple minutes extra to cook fully. You’ll have to keep an eye on them at the end to make sure they don’t overcook.
No. It’s better to cook them in two separate batches to ensure even cooking. Air fryers tend to work better when the food is cooked in a single layer and not piled on top of eachother.
If the hamburger is fully defrosted, then it will take about 12-15 minutes when cooked at 400°F. If the hamburger is frozen, then it will take about 15-20 minutes.
Yes absolutely! An air fryer will reach high cooking temperatures similar to an oven. You can easily cook a variety of meats in the air fryer including your hamburgers.
I cook my burgers at 400°F and they always turn out great.
Sides To Serve With Hamburgers
To make this meal healthier, add a vegetable side dish. Here are some of my favorite recipes:
- BLT Pasta Salad – This recipe is perfect for summertime dinners out on the patio. It’s is a healthier version of the classic, using greek yogurt, mayonnaise and fresh parsley as the salad dressing.
- Kale Caesar Salad – crispy homemade croutons and caesar dressing is so delicious! Easy to make and homemade. Perfect recipe for burgers!
- Garden Salad With Herb Dressing – a combination of cucumber, tomatoes, radishes, parsley, romaine lettuce, and sunflower seeds and topped with savory thyme dressing.
Air Fryer Burgers
- 4 hamburger patties
- Preheat the air fryer for 2 minutes at 400°F. Add in the hamburger patties in a single layer.
- Cook for 10 minutes then flip them with a spatula and cook another 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink on the inside.
- In the last 1-2 minutes, place cheese slices on top of each burger pattie to melt (this part is optional).
- Add burger buns to serving plates and use spatula to scoop the burger onto the bun. Add your favorite toppings including, cheese, greens, sliced onion, mashed avocado, and ketchup. Serve immediately.
- Burgers should cook in a single layer to ensure even cooking. If they won’t all fit at the same time, then cook in separate batches.
- I like to toast my burger buns with a bit of cooking oil in a frying pan to help give them an extra crunch. This is optional.
- I haven’t included nutritional information because toppings are so personal and will be different for everyone. To know the nutritional information of the burger pattie, see the side of the package that it came from.
- Make your own delicious homemade ketchup! It’s made with whole food ingredients and contains no refined sugar. See my recipe here.
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes:
Now that you know this recipe, make sure to check out my other easy air fryer recipes:
- Air Fryer Green Beans – One of the easiest ways to cook your beans, and an easy side dish.
- Air Fryer Salmon – You can cook your salmon in an air fryer too! This recipe uses a honey mustard marinade.
- Crispy Air Fryer Potatoes – These are delicious. Honest truth: I will eat a whole bowl of these myself. Easily.
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts – These are so crunchy and remind me of kale chips. I just love them and will actually eat them as a snack! (I know that sounds a little crazy but they’re really good).
- Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks – These are crispy and one of the easiest ways to cook chicken.
- Air Fryer Salt and Pepper Wings – These taste just like wings from the pub. They’re a big hit with my family.