Garlic Parmesan Wings
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
Baked garlic parmesan wings are crispy and full of flavor. Made with freshly grated parmesan and a few spices – it makes the perfect crispy skin.
Serve these crispy wings as the perfect party appetizer with a simple garden salad or crispy potato wedges on game day. These wings taste great dipped in ranch dressing!
Baked Parmesan Chicken Wings
- I love this wing recipe because it’s simple, fast and totally delicious! They’re something the whole family will enjoy.
- All you need is some fresh parmesan cheese and a few spices to make this easy crispy coating. This recipe can be used on chicken drumsticks, and chicken thighs too.
- You can serve these chicken wings with raw veggies or roasted vegetables, or a quick salad. These taste great dipped in ranch dressing!
- For more homemade wing recipes, check out our balsamic glazed wings and lemon garlic chicken wings. These would make a great wing serving platter!
Check out our six healthy chicken marinade recipes for even more delicious chicken ideas. Inside that post, I share six versatile marinades you can use to flavor your chicken.
- CHICKEN WINGS: You’ll need 2 lbs of chicken wings. This recipe can also be used on chicken thighs and chicken drumsticks.
- PARMESAN: These wings will taste best when you use freshly grated parmesan cheese (not the jar stuff). Parmigiano reggiano cheese can usually be found in the specialty meat and cheese section of the grocery store.
- BUTTER: I used salted butter. You could also use unsalted butter, coconut oil, avocado oil, olive oil etc.
- SPICES: For spices you’ll need dried parsley, paprika, salt and pepper.
How To Make Baked Parmesan Garlic Wings
- Two separate bowls are needed for the chicken coating mix. One small bowl will have melted butter. The other will have grated parmesan and spices.
- Dip the chicken wings one at a time in melted butter. Next, add them to the parmesan mix and coat all sides. See recipe card instructions below for full details.
- Place the wings skin side up in a single layer on a prepared large baking sheet (use a baking rack for extra crispy chicken). Bake until the chicken is fully cooked. Serve and enjoy!
Leftover wings can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge up to 3-4 days. Reheat in the oven to get them crispy again. The microwave will make these wings soggy.
Tips For Crispy Chicken Wings
- Don’t prewash your chicken. Instead, just lightly pat them dry with a paper towel. Excess moisture can produce soggier results.
- Use a baking rack that has a wire rack sitting on top of a baking sheet. This helps the fat drip away from the chicken so it gets nice and crispy. If you don’t have one, you can also use a regular baking sheet.
- Broil the chicken on high for a few minutes after baking. Keep an eye on them as they crisp up to avoid burning.
More Chicken Recipes
- Lemon Garlic Chicken Wings taste light and fresh using simple ingredients.
- Air Fryer Salt and Pepper Wings taste just like wings from the pub. These are a big hit with my family.
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Wings are an easy dump-and-go recipe.
- Balsamic Glazed Chicken Wings are ooey-gooey and really yummy.
- Easiest Oven Baked Chicken Legs are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside making the perfect weeknight meal.
Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings Recipe
- 1 ½ cups grated parmesan
- 1 ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 ½ tsp dried parsley
- 1 ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ cup melted butter - or cooking oil (avocado oil, coconut oil etc.)
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray or line with aluminum foil.
- In a medium bowl combine the grated parmesan, dried parsley, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper.In a separate bowl, melt butter in the microwave. You can also use a cooking oil for this step (avocado oil, coconut oil, etc)
- First, dip the chicken wing in the melted butter. Coat on both sides.
- Next, toss with the parmesan mixture. Coat both sides.
- Place wings skin side up in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (or use a baking rack). Repeat the last two steps until all chicken wings are coated. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until chicken reaches 165°F as an internal temperature when poked with a meat thermometer.
- Use a pair of tongs to add to a serving plate. Serve warm and enjoy!