Baked parmesan chicken wings are crispy and full of flavor. Made with freshly grated parmesan and a few spices – it makes the perfect crunchy coating. These wings are gluten-free, keto and paleo friendly.
Baked Parmesan Chicken Wings
Baked parmesan chicken wings are a delicious and easy dinner idea for game day or any other night really. Made with freshly grated parmesan cheese and a few spices, this recipe is simple and flavorful.
You can serve these chicken wings with raw or roasted vegetables, or a quick salad. These taste great dipped in ranch dressing!
You might also want to check out my blog post, Six Healthy Chicken Marinade Recipes for Easy Dinners. Inside that post, I share six versatile marinades you can use to flavor your chicken.
Parmesan Chicken Wings Ingredients
- Chicken Wings – You’ll need 2 lbs of chicken wings.
- Parmesan Cheese – These wings will taste best when you use freshly grated parmesan cheese (not the jar stuff).
- Butter – I used salted butter. You could also use coconut oil, avocado oil or another cooking oil for this step.
- Spices – For spices you’ll need dried parsley, paprika, salt and pepper.
How To Make Baked Parmesan Chicken Wings
- Make The Coating Mix – You’ll need two separate bowls for the chicken coating mix. One bowl will have melted butter. The other will have freshly grated parmesan cheese, dried parsley, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Dip Chicken – First, dip a chicken wing in melted butter. Next, add it to the parmesan mix and coat all sides. Place the wings in a single layer on a greased baking sheet (use a baking rack for extra crispy chicken).
- Bake – Bake at 350°F for 45-55 minutes or until chicken reaches 165°F as an internal temperature when poked with a meat thermometer.
Tips For Crispier Chicken Wings
- Don’t prewash your chicken. Instead, just lightly pat them dry with a towel.
- Use a baking rack – this helps the fat drip away from the chicken so it gets nice and crispy.
- Broil the chicken on high for a few minutes after baking. Keep an eye on them as they crisp up to avoid burning.
More Easy Chicken Recipes
- Lemon Garlic Chicken Wings – These wings taste light and fresh using ingredients you already have in your kitchen.
- Air Fryer Salt and Pepper Wings – These taste just like wings from the pub. They’re a big hit with my family.
- Easiest Oven Baked Chicken Legs – These chicken legs are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside making the perfect weeknight meal.
- Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks – An easy way to cook your chicken legs.
- Air Fryer Chicken Thighs – We love this simple recipe too!
Parmesan Chicken Wings
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray or line with aluminum foil. I like to use avocado oil spray.
- In a medium bowl combine the grated parmesan, dried parsley, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper.In a separate bowl, melt the butter in the microwave. You can also use a cooking oil for this step (avocado oil, coconut oil, etc)
- First, dip the chicken wing in the melted butter. Coat on both sides.
- Next, toss with the parmesan mixture. Coat both sides.
- Place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Repeat the last two steps until all chicken wings are coated. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until chicken reaches 165°F as an internal temperature when poked with a meat thermometer.
- Use a pair of tongs to add to a serving plate. Serve warm and enjoy!
Nutrition Info Note: The actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes and the size and number of what you make. The nutritional values provided above are just an estimate. Actual numbers will vary based on brands you choose and the ingredients you use.
If you’re looking for more specific details (for example, to track your macros) then I recommend adding specific brand ingredients and this recipe to a food tracker app on your phone.