This Healthy breakfast quesadilla is quick and fast to make. All you need is a zucchini, some spinach and eggs. You can whip up this easy breakfast or lunch idea in under 10 minutes!
Healthy Breakfast Quesadilla
Guys, this easy healthy breakfast quesadilla is deeelicious! It’s so simple but so good! Normally I tend to make oatmeal or drink a protein green smoothie for breakfast. But this is a great change! It’s easy to make and I just love the crispy outside loaded with veggies, eggs, and avocado. You’re getting protein from the eggs, and healthy fats from the avocado. Dip it in your favorite salsa for a wonderfully satisfying breakfast or brunch.
Healthy Breakfast Quesadilla Ingredients
This recipe comes together with a few main ingredients:
- Tortilla Wrap – There’s a wide variety of options available these days for tortilla wraps. To make these quesadillas gluten-free and low carb, you can use corn wraps, brown rice wraps, cauliflower wraps, or egg wraps. You can also use regular flour tortilla wraps.
- Eggs – You’ll need two medium or large eggs for this recipe.
- Zucchini – You’ll need half of a zucchini chopped into bite-size pieces. No need to remove the skin.
- Spinach – You’ll need one cup of spinach. It can be baby spinach or regular spinach.
- Cheddar Cheese – I used a cheddar cheese slice. You can use any kind of cheese you’d like here, including plant-based cheese. Shredded cheese will also work.
- Avocado – I used 1/2 of mashed avocado. This is optional.
- Salsa – The salsa is the perfect sauce addition! You can use mild, medium or hot sauce.
How To Make A Breakfast Quesadilla In 10 Minutes
This breakfast quesadilla is easy peasy. Here’s how to make it:
- Cook The Vegetables – Sautee the spinach and zucchini in a frying pan for 3-4 minutes.
- Scramble The Eggs – Beat eggs in a bowl along with a bit of milk. Pour into half of the frying pan and scramble with a spatula.
- Assemble – Add eggs and veggies to half of a tortilla wrap on a plate. Top with cheddar cheese. Add 1/2 of mashed avocado to the other side.
- Get It Crispy – Slide the wrap onto the frying pan. Fold in half with a spatula. Cook 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve – Slice into three triangles and serve with salsa and fresh fruit.
More Breakfast Recipes To Try
I’m really passionate about breakfast recipes! It’s one of the most important meals of the day. Eating sugary cereals will only set you up for a mid-morning blood sugar crash. Here are some more of my go-to breakfast recipes for you to try.
- Banana Cranberry Breakfast Cookies – One of the easiest grab-and-go recipes made with dried cranberries, ripe bananas, pumpkin seeds, ground flax seeds and gluten-free rolled oats.
- Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats – My favorite way to eat oatmeal in the morning – cook a large batch in the instant pot for the entire week.
- Banana Oatmeal Muffins – The most popular breakfast muffin on my blog! An easy muffin made with oats and mashed banana.
- How To Make Overnight Oats – Get step-by-step instructions plus six delicious flavors to try.
- 12 Healthy Breakfast Toast Ideas – This list has tons of variety for both kids and moms and includes lots of fruits and vegetables.
Healthy Zucchini Spinach Breakfast Quesadilla
- Add cooking oil to a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chopped zucchini and spinach. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until zucchini begins to soften and turn translucent. Push to one side of the pan.
- Add two eggs to a small bowl along with 1 Tbsp milk. Beat the mixture together.
- Pour on to the other half of the frying pan. Cook and scramble the eggs with a spatula. This will take 2-3 minutes.
- Place a tortilla wrap on a large plate. Add the scrambled eggs and cooked vegetables to half of the tortilla wrap. Top with a cheddar cheese slice. On the other half, add mashed avocado (optional).
- Add a bit of cooking oil to the frying pan, then gently slide the tortilla wrap onto the pan. Use a spatula to fold the wrap in half. Let cook 1-2 minutes or until bottom turns golden brown and crispy.
- Use the spatula to flip the wrap over and cook on the other side an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Slice the wrap into three triangles and serve with salsa and fruit.
The nutritional information provided is an estimate and is per serving.