Homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing is so much better than the store-bought version and takes just a couple minutes to make! This recipe is really easy and anyone can master it for their next party. With all ingredients easily found at your local grocery store, your guests will be asking for seconds!
What is Homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing Made of?
This easy ranch dressing is a flavorful combination of herbs like dill and onion, combined with a creamy base that’s made from sour cream, mayonnaise, and buttermilk.
Here are the ingredients you’ll need from the grocery store to prepare this homemade buttermilk ranch dressing:
- Sour cream
- Dried dill
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper
How Do You Make Buttermilk Ranch Dressing From Scratch?
The steps to make this ranch dressing are incredibly easy. I highly recommend using an 8 oz mason jar because it will save you time and it’s the perfect dressing storage container for your fridge!
- First, add all the ingredients to your mason jar.
- Seal the lid and give the jar a good shake to mix up the ingredients.
- Store in the fridge for a minimum of two hours before using to get the desired consistency and taste.
Buttermilk Ranch Dressing Storage Tips:
One of my favorite tips for making homemade salad dressings is to pour all ingredients into a mason jar. Then just shake it up! The mason jar is easy to pour and it’s perfect for storing your dressing in the fridge.
In this recipe I use the Le Parfait Terrine 350 ml canning jar. It’s quite lovely and has an easy snap-open lid, plus an orange rubber seal to prevent any spills.
You can also use a regular 8 oz mason jar as well as a more budget-friendly option.
If you are excited about making your own salad dressings at home, then you’ll want to also check out my popular Six healthy salad dressings everyone should know recipes!
How Long Does The Ranch Dressing Last?
The buttermilk ranch dressing will last 1-2 weeks in the fridge if stored tightly with a lid. However, I highly doubt that it will last that long!
One of my favorite was to use this dressing for is a quick snack with raw vegetables including sliced carrots, celery and cherry tomatoes. It makes the perfect sauce for dipping.
More Recipes To Try:
- Pink Beet Hummus Dip – perfect for raw veggies and tortilla chips!
- BLT Pasta Salad – the perfect side for a summer picnic
- How To Make a Cobb Salad – one of my favorites!
- Garden Salad with Herb Dressing – an easy side dish for dinner
Homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
- Add all ingredients to a jar and seal with a lid. Shake everything up to mix together.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving. Store in the fridge for up to a week.