This instant pot beef burrito bowls recipe is a simple dish for busy weeknights. A base of ground beef and rice is topped with black beans, zucchini, corn and tomatoes.
It’s perfect for easy meals on busy weeknights. Just dump all the ingredients into your instant pot and let it cook!
Beef Burrito Bowl Recipe
Nothing beats a quick and easy dinner idea.
- This recipe only takes about 30 minutes to make. Just dump the ingredients into your instant pot and cook. It couldn’t be easier.
- It uses budget-friendly lean ground beef the perfect meat ingredient to use on busy weeknights. Ground beef can also be used in our ground beef sweet potato skillet, or easy one pot beef cabbage casserole, or the kid-friendly meatloaf muffins!
- It’s cooked in an instant pot which is great for getting dinner on the table fast! This can also be cooked in a pot on the stove.
- Serve with an easy side salad like our kale caesar salad or our garden salad.
This recipe comes together with fresh flavors from healthy ingredients.
- GROUND BEEF: You’ll need 1 lb of extra lean ground beef. This recipe can also be made using ground chicken, ground pork or ground turkey.
- RICE: I used short grain brown rice. You could also use white rice here.
- VEGGIES: This recipe uses one yellow onion, garlic, a small zucchini, and frozen corn.
- BASE: Grab a can of black beans, and crushed tomatoes (or tomato sauce). Spices are kept simple with ground cumin, salt and black pepper.
- VARIATIONS: Substitute with cauliflower rice, bell peppers, green onions, and red onion. Add taco seasoning for more flavor.
- TOPPINGS: Add favorite toppings like sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, lime juice, fresh cilantro, crushed tortilla chips, fresh tomatoes, and hot sauce.
How To Make Instant Pot Beef Burrito Bowls
This recipe takes less than 30 minutes to make! Here’s a quick overview:
- Turn the instant pot to saute mode. Cook the onion and garlic until translucent.
- Add the ground beef and cook until browned.
- Add all the zucchini, corn, uncooked rice, crushed tomatoes, cumin, salt and pepper. Mix together, then add 1 cup of water on top. Close the lid and turn the steam release valve to “seal”. Cook on high for 10 minutes. Mix together then add to serving bowls.
- Top with shredded cheese and favorite veggies.
I served mine with a bit of kale (drizzled with olive oil, salt and pepper) and sliced cherry tomatoes. You can also use this recipe in a wrap for lunch!
- TO STORE: Add beef burrito bowl leftovers to the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week.
- REHEAT: This recipe can be heated in the oven at 375°F or in the microwave for a few minutes.
- FREEZE: Yes, this recipe can be stored in the freezer which is perfect for easy meal prep! First, let the mixture cool completely. Then place each serving inside a ziploc freezer bag. Seal tightly and remove excess air. Label the bag with the name of recipe and date. This recipe will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
More 30-Minute Dinner Recipes
- Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet is one of my most popular quick dinner recipes!
- Low Carb Pizza Chicken is baked in a delicious pizza sauce and topped with turkey pepperoni slices and mozzarella cheese.
- Crispy Tofu Burrito Bowl with Lime Dressing is made with marinated pan-fried tofu, rice, black beans, tomatoes and corn.
- Lemon Herb Baked Cod with Tomatoes is an easy healthy one-dish dinner made with fish.
- Mushroom Kale Pasta is perfect for busy weeknights and an easy recipe that the whole family will love.
Instant Pot Beef Burrito Bowls
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil - or other cooking oil
- ½ yellow onion - diced
- 2 garlic cloves - minced
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 14 oz canned black beans - drained and rinsed
- 1 cup diced zucchini - about 1 small zucchini
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup short grain brown rice (uncooked) - or white rice
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes - or tomato sauce
- 1 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper - to taste
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese - optional
- Turn the instant pot to sautee mode. Add a bit of cooking oil along with garlic and onions. Cook until onion turns translucent, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the ground beef and break apart with a spatula. Brown the beef on all sides.
- Turn off the saute setting. Add all the other ingredientes: zucchini, corn, black beans, tomato sauce, cumin, and rice. Stir everything together then add 1 cup of water.
- Close the lid and turn the steam release valve to "seal". Set the instant pot to high and 10 minutes (The instant pot will take some time to fully pressurize before it starts cooking).When the cooking time is complete, let it naturally release the pressure for 10 minutes. Once that's complete, carefully turn the steam valve to "vent" position (I usually do this with a wooden spoon so that my hand is far away from the steam). Once all steam has released, open the lid.
- Give it a stir.
- Add to a bowl and top with grated mozzarella cheese (optional). Serve with your favorite fresh veggies like kale and cherry tomatoes.