This Instant pot beef burrito bowl recipe is a simple dish for busy weeknights. Made with real food ingredients – it’s whipped up fast with a base of ground beef and rice. I love this recipe for an easy one-pot meal when there’s not enough energy for anything too fancy. Just dump it in and let it cook!
Instant Pot Beef Burrito Bowls
Nothing beats a quick and easy dinner idea. Here’s what I love about this recipe… it only takes about 30 minutes to make, it uses budget-friendly lean ground beef, and it’s cooked in an instant pot which is great for getting dinner on the table fast! Ah, I love a good quick-fix meal that’s also healthy, don’t you!?
Instant Pot Beef Burrito Bowl Ingredients
This recipe comes together with a few real food ingredients:
- Ground Beef – You’ll need 1 lb of extra lean ground beef.
- Rice – I used short grain brown rice. You could also use white rice here.
- Vegetables – This recipe uses one yellow onion, garlic, a small zucchini, and frozen corn.
- Pantry Items – Grab a can of black beans, and crushed tomatoes (or tomato sauce).
- Spices – For spice, we’re keeping things simple with cumin, salt and pepper.
How To Make Instant Pot Beef Burrito Bowls
This recipe takes less than 30 minutes to make! Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Saute – Turn the instant pot to saute mode. Add a bit of cooking oil, and cook the onion and garlic until it turns translucent (about 1-2 minutes). Next add the ground beef and break apart with a spatula. Cook until the beef turns brown and is no longer pink. Turn off the saute setting.
- Cook – Now add all the other ingredients to the instant pot including chopped zucchini, frozen corn, rice, crushed tomatoes, cumin, salt and pepper. Mix them together, then add 1 cup of water on top. Close the lid and turn the steam release valve to “seal”. Set the instant pot to high and 10 minutes.
- Serve – Once the instant pot is finished, give it a stir then add it to serving bowls. Top with a bit of shredded cheese and your favorite vegetable sides. I served mine with a bit of kale (drizzled with olive oil, salt and pepper) and sliced cherry tomatoes. You can also use this recipe in a wrap for lunch!
- To Store – Add beef burrito bowl leftovers to the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week.
- To Reheat – This recipe can be heated in the oven at 375°F or in the microwave for a few minutes.
- To Freeze – Yes, this recipe can be stored in the freezer! First, let the mixture cool completely. Then place each serving inside a ziploc freezer bag. Seal tightly and remove excess air. Label the bag with the name of recipe and date. This recipe will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
More 30-Minute Dinner Recipes
- Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet – One of my most popular quick dinner recipes!
- Low Carb Pizza Chicken – This chicken is baked in a delicious pizza sauce and topped with turkey pepperoni slices and mozzarella cheese.
- Crispy Tofu Burrito Bowl with Lime Dressing – Made with marinated pan-fried tofu, rice, black beans, tomatoes and corn.
- Lemon Herb Baked Cod with Tomatoes – An easy healthy one-dish dinner made with fish.
- Mushroom Kale Pasta – Perfect for busy weeknights and an easy recipe that the whole family will love.
Instant Pot Beef Burrito Bowls
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil - or other cooking oil
- ½ yellow onion - diced
- 2 garlic cloves - minced
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 14 oz canned black beans - drained and rinsed
- 1 cup diced zucchini - about 1 small zucchini
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup short grain brown rice (uncooked) - or white rice
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes - or tomato sauce
- 1 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper - to taste
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese - optional
- Turn the instant pot to sautee mode. Add a bit of cooking oil along with garlic and onions. Cook until onion turns translucent, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the ground beef and break apart with a spatula. Brown the beef on all sides.
- Turn off the saute setting. Add all the other ingredientes: zucchini, corn, black beans, tomato sauce, cumin, and rice. Stir everything together then add 1 cup of water.
- Close the lid and turn the steam release valve to "seal". Set the instant pot to high and 10 minutes (The instant pot will take some time to fully pressurize before it starts cooking).When the cooking time is complete, let it naturally release the pressure for 10 minutes. Once that's complete, carefully turn the steam valve to "vent" position (I usually do this with a wooden spoon so that my hand is far away from the steam). Once all steam has released, open the lid.
- Give it a stir.
- Add to a bowl and top with grated mozzarella cheese (optional). Serve with your favorite fresh veggies like kale and cherry tomatoes.
Nutrition Info Note: The actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes and the size and number of what you make. The nutritional values provided above are just an estimate. Actual numbers will vary based on brands you choose and the ingredients you use.
If you’re looking for more specific details (for example, to track your macros) then I recommend adding specific brand ingredients and this recipe to a food tracker app on your phone.